Monday, February 16, 2009

Duality

First things first, title song = super catchy, almost to the point I get annoyed when it always gets stuck in my head, but I love me some Bayside. Soooo good luck with that.

Secondly, I found this stumbling around and it really caught my attention:
My life is nothing if not out of my control lately and I am having a hard time of trying to go with the way things are. I usually always have a handle on what's going on in my life and the last few weeks have really got me thinking. So this image goes out to all of those in the same position needing the same words of encouragement.

I feel like no matter what situation somebody is in or how their life is going the winter-spring change is the most turbulent/crazy/out of control time of the year. Not that this has happened to me lately but it always seems like everyone breaks up around this time of year. "Ummm babe... I don't know how to say this but the weathers changing and ummmm... I no longer want to date you. mmmkay? peace!" (That was a completely ridiculous statement that would never be muttered, it just got out of control once I got going.)

My headphones broke the other day, so now I'm stuck walking around listening with one ear to greatness and with the other some sorority girl walking around talking about how much she loves her uggs (ugh). I need to go to Target and get some new ones or I might go crazy and throw some innocent girls shoes in the Red Cedar.

I've got a question for all you fellow bloggers how does everyone get so many comments? Not that I need them, but a girl can't help but love comments (imagine me with the most innocent, adorable, can't say no to look on my face right now.)

Okay I'm rambling, I think for everyones sake it's best if I call it a night.

Peas, Jeanette


P.S. If you haven't listened to the Alanis cover below, do it! now!

5 comments:

Krystal said...

i love that quote!!

Cecilia said...

I love that quote. That's exactly what I need to hear right now too, so thank for that!

Uggs: quite possibly the worst fashion statement ever invented. I'm not sure how or why the fad is catching on but I can't wait till it ends!

As for those comments - since I just started this whole blogging thing, I'm not sure how I get them either. But I'm experimenting with commenting on other people's blogs and so far it seems to be working!

Krystal said...

i could NOT watch all 9...i only watched like 1 and a half...i have to watch them in small doses!
also, i have to confess...one day in the midst of a winter storm i was out shopping and i saw some ugg knockoffs for cheap. my feet were cold and they were warm so i bought them. i hate the fashion of it too, BUT they are SO WARM that it is ridiculous and i love them. don't hate me. i don't carry a vera bradley bag though!

Mandy said...

Hi!

1) Sorry, I've been being slack! I missed Musical Monday because on Monday I was babysitting then hanging out with Princess and her mom all day. I got back to my apartment after a week and a half late Monday evening and was too tired to do anything except watch some DVR-ed shows!

2) Miley Cyrus is a.w.e.s.o.m.e!!!!! Love her.

3) Some people who read leave lots of comments, some leave none. Commenting on other people's blogs and finding lots of blogs to follow can lead to you getting more comments/followers as well. I know some people who have hundreds of followers and more than 50 comments per post - so jealous! Haha. But I think it's usually a slow process to gain more readers with a new blog.

tkb17 said...

J-Net,
I urp in my mouth every time I see uggs. I like uggs as much as I like sand in my eyes.