Friday, February 6, 2009

No music for today.

Talk about the worst week of all time, today started off good, I had a test which I think I did good on then I walked back and hung out with the roomies for a while. At about 3:15 my roommate Erin went with some friends to the Peanut Barrel and I decided to take a nap. When I woke up at 5:30 I texted Erin because she still wasn't home and a little while later she called me. I was walking by a busy street so the first time she said "Kevin died" I didn't really hear her.

Once I finally got what she was saying I felt like I went into a state of shock. I mean with my Uncle Petey he was not in great health and he had lived a strong life, I expected it. With Kevin I could have never in my wildest dreams imagined anything like that happening. Kevin was 21 and never had any major health concerns. He'd been feeling tired for a few days but that's all, and we are in college, that's pretty normal.

It's surreal, it makes you just think about everything, like... ahhhh I can't even express it. It's even weirder because we have all been talking about him over the last few days. Erin had asked her friend what Kevin was doing because she hadn't seen or talked to him in a while. And last night while we were watching Nick and Norah's we were talking about him because Kevin ALWAYS called me Norah.

I can't even imagine not getting the mass texts he would send out of movie quotes and song lyrics, sometimes at 5:30 a.m. Or having him IM me with video clips of backstreet boys songs with Disney clips in the background. The clip I linked to the title is the last clip he posted on my facebook wall (of course it was Nick and Norah's :) ) It's only 10:49 and I feel like I've been awake for days.

Kevin lived at a house with 9 other guys and we went over there once Erin told us and there were about 20 people, students and parents just sitting around, awkward silences. The parents then started calling around asking if people should get tested for meningitis, I guess they are just being safe, but he didn't have any of the symptoms.

............ adequate words are not even coming to me.

I just don't understand, I mean he was just about to graduate, it was his last semester here! His brother just wrote on his facebook wall this afternoon about their plans for the weekend. Kevin had everything going for him and it was all just taken away.



This was from Halloween, Kevin put so much thought into his Halloween costume, he loved having an great costume...

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough. (The only quote on his facebook. )

Well Kevin you did it right, everyone misses you already!

5 comments:

Jason Boskey said...

Thank you for this, Jeannette.

Amanda said...

I'm so sorry about your friend.

tkb17 said...

J-Net,
I'm sorry about your friend...did they ever find out what happened???

Jana Boskey said...

I never got a chance to thank you. You don't know me, but I was Kevin's first cousin. Reading this made me cry. I'm so thankful for all the lives he has touched, and knowing how much you guys cared about him.

Jeanette said...

Thank you Jana, Kevin was an amazing person, and will always be remembered. I have already written a post on him this year and will continue every year as long as I have this blog. He is loved by so many.