Friday, March 13, 2009

I'm In Miami Bitch

Okay so I was in Edgewater... semantics!

Is it weird that on my "Spring Break" I had no time to do anything, let alone blog? I probably could of, but I was too busy relaxing haha.

So we left Friday which, ironically, happened to be a 70 degree day in Michigan, I almost decided to stay home haha. We made it to my cousins in Atlanta in 12 hours with several hilarious quotes and ridiculous billboard pictures. And I have recently discovered that I have severe night blindness haha.

Saturday we went to breakfast with my cousin and got on the road towards Florida. Amber was driving the speed limit like a good citizen so the ride was going slow, then when I took over I went my normal 85-90 mph and quickly made up for lost time. By the time we made it to Florida it was dark and we ended up just sitting outside soaking up the nice weather. My aunt and uncle (who we stayed with) picked up my cousins baby Nathan so I could see him while I was down there. I love him to death, but he makes me reconsider having children. Luckily, he makes up for it in adorable-ness overload.

When my cousin Ashley got out of work we met her in Daytona so we could walk around bike week. Bike week is... indescribable, hundreds of thousands of crazy ass bikers wearing ass-less chaps, if that. All of the bartenders just wear underwear and people are just ridiculous, I can't even express how crazy it was.

Sunday we were at the beach as soon as we woke up and as per usual I forgot to put on sunscreen and got a little burnt, not to bad though. In an attempt to be productive I tried to do homework but it didn't work and I went to bed early so I could function the next day.

Monday we woke up at 7:00 a.m. and went to meet Ashley's friend to go out fishing on the inter coastal. He runs charters but took us out for free instead of 400$. We caught 7 fish total, 4 small ones we kept for dinner and 3 big ones that were too big to keep. We named them like hurricanes; Antonio, Bendito, Chaz, Dick Dumas, Enrique, Fernando, Gilbert. I caught the biggest fish of the day and in the process got 2 bruises and hurt my wrist severely, but it was totally worth it, he weighed over 30 pounds and 38-40 inches long.

The rest of the vacation consisted of the beach everyday and hanging out, going shopping, etc. We got in the car to head back and halfway to Georgia we decided we were going to skip the stop in Atlanta and do the whole drive. I drove all the way through Kentucky and Tennessee, and OF COURSE Kentucky would have a snow storm when I'm driving through, it was so crazy! When Amber was sleeping around 4 a.m. I started making up stories about where everyone was going to keep myself awake.

Other than taking forever and the fact that I left my jacket in Florida so I was freezing the whole time, the ride was good. We stopped in each state to get shot glasses, but somehow forgot Ohio. We got back at 9 a.m. and I feel asleep until 4:30, since then I have watched television and gave up on my futile resistance of twitter.

LET'S BE FRIENDS!!!!!

Now I should probably attempt some homework and leave you all with a picture that sums up my break! (maybe more to come?!?! we'll see how this one goes over.)


(Picture credit to my cousin Ashley, who took way too many random photos on my camera!)


2 comments:

Krystal said...

sounds like a good trip to me!

Amanda said...

Ohhh the waves of jealousy.

Your spring break sounds delicious.