Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Best Laid Plans

I could listen to the title song all day, and I bet you could too! So check that out while you browse this seemingly pointless post.

This week...no mostly just Monday was like the luckiest day I've ever had in my life. My alarm went off at 9:30 and I kid you not my phone rang at 9:30:34. So of course I sounded tired (read: very dumb) but I had to answer. It was the lady from MDOT (Michigan Department of Transportation) offering me an internship for the summer! I woke up pretty quickly obviously and started talking to her about start dates and drug tests etc. So with that settled I set off to class a happy camper. I got a test back in my first class I was pretty sure I did bad on, but surprisingly I got a 94. Went through the rest of my classes and then prepared to try and get one of the 400 student tickets to the Final Four. And what do you know... out of thousands of people trying I got one! Such a good day.

Tuesday I don't remember what I did all day so it must not have been terribly exciting. But for some reason Erin and I stayed up until 2:30 a.m. giggling uncontrollably at everything, those nights are always fun. We began to make up moves to "Our God is an awesome God." You know the one from the commercial? It was quite exciting.

Today I rocked my first exam and then did horribly bad on the second. I also recieved a test back from last week where the average was 25/50... let's just say it didn't go so well.

Today I was wondering (all this crazy thinking... I don't know what's with me lately) if anyone else does this; I'll be having a convo with someone and go through a series of connections in my head and then blurt out the last of those things, thereby really confusing the person I'm talking to.

Example: Goran and I are sharing stories about Russia, in my head I go *Russia, stray animals, kittens, my cat, her recent surgery, animals getting tumors* Out loud I skip right to "Hey Goran, have any of your pets ever had a tumor? Why do they get them so much?" Then I just get a weird look. I feel like I can't be the only one who does this, can I?

2 comments:

Krystal said...

yes, you are. just kidding!

Jessy said...

I love days where everything just seems to go right. Congrats on the internship!