Saturday, April 18, 2009

Black Wedding

When I said I was in love with that last song, I didn't even know what being in love with a song was like. I am fully in love with this song, and I CANNOT wait for their new cd to come out!

It was soooo nice out the last few days I love it. I don't know if I could deal living down south where there are no seasons. I love the changing, and as much as I get sick of winter I can't wait for it to come every year.

Anyways, the rest of me week since last post was pretty lame. Other than the fact that I have been on a book buying streak on Amazon.com and so far my bill is pretty close to $300.00, I should probably work on getting that down. Any suggestions of books (read: the bill will most likely be over $300.00.)

How about some recaps? Friday was the CE bar crawl (civil engineering if you didn't know.) aka a bunch of over homeworked nerds relaxing for a weekend (read: getting sauced). So that's exactly what I did! I might post a picture because our shirts were hilarious, the front said the Trans Lab (which is the CE lab) but it was in writing like the old logo for Cheers. And then the back said "Where everybody knows your name," which is cool in and of itself, before you realize that it is so true. I can walk in at any time of the day and name 99% of the people in the lab.

Anyways, the bar crawl "technically" started at 4:30 p.m. but we decided to start at 2:00 p.m. instead. We went to Crunchy's and got a bucket 'o beer and some burgers and then headed to meet the rest of the group at Lou Ha's. At Lou Ha's I had a daiquiri l and a few shots and some more beer, it is at this point that I stop remember what I had to drink. All I know is that I spent $40 in 7 hours and I was ridiculous. When I got home I could not fall asleep for the life of me because several of my drinks had Red Bull in them, I remember that much. So as soon as the initial tiredness wore off I was wide awake.

This turned out the be a good thing, as I'm laying there I hear someone walking on the roof of the apartment complex. Keep in mind we live on the third floor, so I think to myself "I should probably go close our balcony doors (all three of them were open). I walk from our bedroom to the living room and see a kid out on our balcony, on his way in. So I just go "Ummmmmm" and he gives me some mumbles about his friends locking him out, so I let him in and direct him to the door. As soon as he left I locked every door in our apartment and began to realize how ridiculous my life truly is haha.

This morning we went to the vet clinic because you are able to check out dogs and walk them around, and then bring them back. However, when we got there they didn't have any dogs available, I don't even know how that is possible. So we ended up going to get some Dairy Store Ice Cream, best ice cream everrrrr (made right here on campus.) I then spent the next hour or so out on our balcony reading some Anna Karenina, getting some sun. Then I got some groceries so I could have a real meal.

That was a lot longer than I intended. I apologize, but if you haven't already LISTEN TO THE TITLE SONG! and enjoy!

2 comments:

Be one with the Fro said...

Sounds like you are having a great weekend!

I would give you book titles, but being that the bill would most likely go over $300...I don't want to be the blame for something as traumatic as that.

Hope the rest of your weekend is good as well!

Krystal said...

omg do not let random people in your house that are climbing on the roof!!!!! that happened in iowa city and the guy ended up in the psych ward who knows what would have happened! ahh!