Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I'm Not Lonely When I Miss You

Several ways to describe my life lately: Organized Chaos, hectic to the max, tiring, exciting.

Now don't get me wrong, by reading that you are probably thinking I'm like living the life, but I'm not really. I won't lie and say I'm living this super exciting summer, as of yet there hasn't been too much excitement. I started my internship at Michigan Department of Transportation Monday and while it is actually really fun, the hours are having their way with me. 7:30-4:30 is just not my time zone. I probably get the same if not more sleep than normal but I am exhausted. I have to fall asleep by 11:00 p.m. if I want a chance of staying awake for more than 15 minutes. I really hope I adjust soon.

I haven't really done anything else too exciting, although at MDOT I did get a hard hat, reflecty vest, safety googles and some steel toed boots. So now, as you can imagine, I am the definition of cool. I've only gotten to put all that stuff on once though because I'm working in the office designing projects, or rather helping design stuff, I'm in no way qualified to actually design it.

Anyways, I mostly wanted to post today to get you guys the video that is, as per usual, linked to the title. It is by my very close friend Eric Boff, I've known him for going on 17 years now so definitely give it a listen and then head over to myspace.com/ericboff and check out the new studio version of "I'm Not Lonely When I Miss You." He has so much talent and has always been there for me... he helped me with my 5th grade science project, I gotta help him back haha. If you've been reading and know about my best friend Alison he is her brother, and therefore practically my brother. So if you like it, comment and I'll pass the love onto him when I talk to him. Alright... it is 11:00 p.m. that is my bedtime haha.

I'll be sure to attempt to have a productive few days and do something exciting to share with you all. Hope your summers are a lot more fun, I'll live vicariously through your posts! Just think of me as you are living it up.

4 comments:

Krystal said...

i'm pretty sure you should post pics dressed up in all of your MDOT gear!

for the love of pictures said...

That's quite a bit of gear to received. You should post pics :)
I'll have to check out the video you linked as well.

Oh, I called your blog lovely today :) Check it out @ http://boredomsbounty.blogspot.com/2009/05/wouldnt-it-be-loverlyloverly-and-now.html

Alanna said...

Hah, I agree with Krystal that you should post a picture of you all dressed up in your cool work gear. I bet you look SO COOL.

I'll go check out that MySpace page now...

tkb17 said...

Good song!!