Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sex On Fire (Cover)

Man, I searched and searched and searched for a video for this cover but could not find any, thus you are left with just a recording, but trust me, it's all worth it. Now I know what some of you are thinking "but Jeanette...didn't you already have a blog entitled Sex on Fire?" And you are correct, I did in fact already use this title, but this cover just blew the original out of the water. It's by Charlotte Sometimes, and if you don't have her c.d. go buy it IMMEDIATELY! I could listen to it all day. I saw her like a year and a half ago in East Lansing at this shady bar and her set wasn't working and she was super cool and just sat down and had a conversation with me while they were fixing it. Then I talked to her at her tent at Warped Tour, I'd post the picture but I'm pretty sure I'm really burnt in it if I remember correctly. But anyway, she's awesome so go find all the Charlotte Sometimes you can and you can thank me afterward. :) CLICK ON THE TITLE NOW!

My life hasn't magically gotten very exciting since my last post, yesterday after work I did some spring cleaning inside my car, it was so dirty I couldn't stand it anymore, now it's clean as a whistle (are whistles really that clean?) After cleaning my car I met Alison (my best friend, you may be familiar if you've read earlier posts, if you haven't, we've been friends for going on 17 years.) We went to Build-a-bear, I mean clearly that's where 21 year olds go, and made bears that represented us... then we traded. I know, you are thinking we are way too cool right now haha. It was fun though, after those shenanigans we went to Olive Garden for dinner. So good.

After dinner I drove over to Best Buy to buy Madea Goes to Jail, I pretty much love that movie. And that is my life in a nut shell. I was tagged by Ana from far away for the HonestScrap award, but I haven't had time to think about it, so I'll get around to it next post.

Anyway, I'd like to say thanks to all my new followers * :) * I love getting new followers, hopefully I keep it exciting enough that you don't leave!

Whoa, I just checked my old posts to see what other post Charlotte Sometimes was tagged in and it was a post from when I went to see Madea Goes to Jail.... that's kind of creepy right? I'm severely creeped by that.

8 comments:

Moonjava said...

Awww, the build a bear thing is cute!

I have an award for you at my blog! :)

the girl said...

Wow! That cover was AMAZING! If I'm honest, I wasn't completely in love with the original version (please don't hurt me, Kings Of Leon fans) although it was good, but this just takes it to a whole different (better!) level. Thanks for sharing :)

My favourite cover song? Jeff Buckley's version of Bob Dylan's Just Like A Woman. Although pretty much any cover Jeff Buckley ever did was beyond awesome.

Love this blog!

xo

Lily said...

Exactly how many Madea movies are there now? Seems like a million, but I'm prone to exaggeration LOL!

jeanette said...

Moonjava: Thanks, it mostly came out of boredom, but it turned out being super fun!

the girl: Yeah, Charlotte Sometimes is pretty much amazing, I LOVE this cover. And yes, Jeff Buckley is super awesome as well.

Lily: I'm not sure, that's a very good question, this was the only one I liked haha

krystal said...

LOOOVE THAT SONG!

Jen said...

So this post just made me a follower! haha!

I fell in love with Charlotte Sometimes last summer "Waves and the Both of Us" and "Pilot" are my faves! It is soo funny too because just a couple weeks ago I heard "Sex on Fire" and fell in love with it!

Thanks for sharing this awesometastic cover!!!

jeanette said...

Krystal: glad you liked the song! You've stuck with thisblog long enough, you deserved one.

Jen: glad to have you as a follower! Hopefully I can post some more equally fantastic songs and keep you around. Checked out your blog and would totally be a follower already but I'm on my phone and it is slowwww tomorrow I will get on and follow you back!

Ana from far away! said...

I never clean the car... The last time I did, I got sick, so now I dont even mind. Build a bear is awesome! I want to get a new outfit for my happy bear. Maybe I'll get the Italian outfit.