Friday, June 19, 2009

Toxic (cover)

Guess what I bought todayyyyyy?!?!?!?!?!?! BRITNEY SPEARS TICKETS!!!! Can you tell I'm excited? So you get a Britney cover today, not as good as the last cover but what are you gonna do? This video is slightly creepy because it's a guy singing over the video, but I had to post it because it just shows Britney being awesome. I almost posted All-American Rejects cover of Womanizer, so check that out if you feel like some entertainment.

I can't believe how bad the weather is right now! It hasn't been like summer at all! I'm probably going to regret saying that soon because I'm sure we will have a heat wave now. Last night there were crazy storms, usually I can sleep right through them, but I woke up last night because a tree broke right next to my window. There were trees down all over the place, craziness. Anyway, I didn't have to work today because the government has no money so we were forced to take 6 furlough days (unpaid days off). After I bought the Britney tickets this morning and had a blended mocha I got ready and hit the road to Farmington Hills.

Right now I'm at Maria's house, she is my best friend/back plan for my future years. We have decided that if in 30 years we aren't married we will marry each other. Laugh all you want, but it's becoming more and more of a reality haha. Neither of us are going anywhere in the dating world, who knows why, alright so maybe we won't marry each other, but we will definitely live together so we aren't alone when we get older.

Since arriving here we have gone to the mall, which was kind of sad, I love Delia's and we don't have any on the west side of Michigan, but there was nothing good there today. We went to H&M and I bought two sweaters, because, as you know, everyone needs sweaters in the summer. They were cute and on sale, I couldn't resist. Is it me or am I using way too many commas right now? I don't think I ever learned the correct procedure. After the mall we came back and have been watching Madea Goes to Jail lol. I think we are about to go to dinner with her mom and then to go see either The Proposal or Year One. I'll get back to you on that, but for now I have to take care of some stuff.

Both Ana from far Away and Mary Evelan tagged me for the Honest Scrap Award. The rules for this award are to tell your readers 10 things about you that are true, that they might not know. Then you have to tag 10 other bloggers to do the same. So here goes....


1) Lima beans are my favorite vegetable.
2) I am convinced I will marry someone Asain, I think it has something to do with my best friend of 17 years being Asain.
3) I would love to graduate and work in Russia, I'll even settle for anywhere overseas.
4) I think I would be happier being a band groupie than being in college.
5) I can quote movies like it's my job.
6) I would love to be on the round table on Chelsea Lately.
7) I wish I lived in Harry Potter's world.
8) I hate hate hate getting rained on when I'm dressed in regular clothes, I just feel so gross.
9) Up until yesterday I always thought red skittles were cherry, my world was shattered when I found out they were strawberry.
10) I want to buy a motorcycle... reallllll bad. And then a leather jacket and of course a pink helmet.

Well there you go, and as for tagging 10 bloggers let's go with:
1) The Girl With the Pink Teacup
2) A Rush of Blog to the Head
3) Boredom's Bounty
4) Chatabox
5) Deployment Woes
6) Don't You Know It's Insane
7) FWB
8) Growing Up a New Jersey Wife
9) Jessy
10) Just Add Walter

Phhhww, this is turning out to be a long post, I decided to wait to post until after the evenings shenanigans, and when I say shenanigans I mean pure, unadulterated shenanigans. We went to Chicken King for dinner to see our roommate Erin who was working it was delicious and the night was going great. So we headed out to a theatre and by the time we got there it was raining, luckily I had my trusty umbrella, so we went in and both movies were sold out, so we walked back to the car and headed to another movie theatre. When we got there it was still raining so the umbrellas was of great use, the movie wasn't sold out so we bought two tickets to The Proposal, super cute and funny, if only a little predictable (Sandra Bullock/Betty White are awesome, if you haven't check out the link where I post videos).

We could hear the thunder in he movie theatre so we knew we were in for some rain. So we readied the umbrella and got took our sandles off so it would be more comfortable to walk. This is where the shenanigans start. We are standing in the door and Maria goes to open the umbrella at which point it does what all umbrellas inevitably do and flips inside out. So here we are in a torrential downpour with my car parked at the end of the parking lot.

We decide to mak a run for it, but I went a few seconds before her which led to me in the parking lot yelling "MARIA, WHERE'S THE CAR" After finding it we made it in and sat there soaking and trying to figure out where the night went wrong. We drove back to her house and were ready to be dry. So I get out and go try to hide under the awning of the garage while I type in their garage code, which because the power was on the fritz wasn't working. We stood there for about 2 minutes just cracking up at this situation. Then Maria called her mom and she opened the side door, drawback to that is that the side door was about 50 feet from the garage. So I round the corner and run right into the grill and wind up just standing in the rain anyway waiting for the door to be opened.

Now I'm sitting her in a towel trying to figure out why there is so much rain in June. Damn weather. Sorry that this is such a long post! Have a great weekend!

13 comments:

for the love of pictures said...

Congrats on the award, and thanks you for passing it on to me :)

Have a great weekend!

Mandy said...

Britney?! Awesome!!

About the Skittles, someone told me just yesterday that they "used to like Skittles until they changed the flavors and now they aren't any good". So maybe they used to be cherry and now they are strawberry?? I don't know.. I've never been a fan of them!

Mr O said...

This was an awesomely long post. So much to cover, let's get to it...

1) Thanks for tagging me, now I have something useful to blog about haha

2) I go through the same problem with commas, I am always second guessing myself. My Achilles heel is the (...) thing

3) that video for toxic is awesome, the actual music video is somewhat... creepy. I don't know if it's on youtube, but back in the day I got a mashup of Linkin Park vs Britney Spears that was pretty awesome. I think it was Toxic vs Faint. Check it out if you can

4) You, my friend, have some very good descriptions. I felt like I was running through the rain for a minute (and apparently into a grill?)

5) Finally, what state do you live in? I am just curious because you talk about the non heat and it has been BLAZIN here in good ol Alabama

jeanette said...

Mandy: Maybe you're right, I hope you're right, I can't believe I would have gone 21 years not realizing they weren't Cherry flavored.

Mr. O: This post was so long, I just kept thinking of things. Can't to read your ten things! Commas suck, I'll have to check up the Britney/Linkin Park mash-up. You definitely have to watch out for grills haha. And finally, I live in Michigan, Paw Paw, Michigan to be exact.

Natalie said...

I had no idea that red skittles weren't cherry! Now I need to go buy a bag and see if I "taste" strawberry.

Thanks for the tag!!!

tkb17 said...

J-Net,
So I am only going to comment on the first half of this blog because I'm having serious ADD right now and cannot read the rest of ur long-ass blog. I think U should see The Proposal cuz my sis just saw it and said it was amazing. If you marry Maria please let me be the flower girl. I've always wanted to be one & it would make me soo happy. I am super jealous that u get to see Brit Brit in concert. She's like my Jesus (is that sacrilegious??). When u said u were goin to Farmington Hills I thought u meant Pepperidge Farm and I got excited cuz that's where they make those awesome cookies & shit. Then I got disappointed cuz it's the wrong "Farm." I have an English minor and commas are our friends. Ok that's all for now. =)

tkb17 said...

J-Net,
So I'm really glad I took the extra 3 minutes out of my life to read the rest of your blog. Hilarious stuff. I loved that you said "shenanigans." That's like my favorite word. I wish I could have seen you run into the grill, I'm pretty sure I would have peed myself, which would not have mattered had I been there, given the fact that there was a downpour.

tkb17 said...

J-Net,
Commenting on #2 on your list....I hear Asians are good in bed. Just a rumor....hahaha

Iva said...

Have a great weekend!

<3,
Iva

Lola Lakely said...

Found this blog through a friend. Great post! Love, love, love the name! And I am particularly impressed by the ability to quote movies like it's your job. My area of expertise happens to me 80's movies.

SassyGirl said...

If you marry an Asian, you will have mixed babies! Beautiful mixed babies that would be the envy of all other babies!

I wish I lived in Harry Potter's world too! I want a wand SOOOO BADLY.

Ryan said...

Hey thanks for the tag! Does this mean I have to come up with 10 things that are true for me?

Just Add Walter said...

#1: ewww :)
#7 me too!!

thanks for the award!! you are too sweet