Sunday, July 12, 2009

Come As You Are

It's been a Nirvana type of day you know? Just hanging out, eating copious amounts of Mini wheats (very Cobain of me...what am I saying?), playing some guitar, and reading. You might be saying "why haven't you come up with a contest yet?" And while that is a valid question I am going to just say that I've been soooo busy (I haven't) but I've been thinking a lot (Sort of true...) and I'll get to it within the week (hopefully). So check out the title video and let Kurt's voice sooth you, I love their unplugged performance.

My weekend was exactly what I needed, lots of do nothingness. I caught up on sleep and almost finished my book and finally got started on going over and editing my journal from my trip last summer, yes you heard right, it has taken me a full year to get started. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote most of those, they are missing words and sometimes complete sentences between thoughts. Hopefully I can get that done and then so I will feel accomplished.

Final bit of news: I'm beyond excited to go see Harry Potter on Tuesday night at 12:01. I have not missed a Harry Potter midnight opening yet, I just love Ron and Harry errr... I mean the movies haha. I think I would seriously consider marrying Rupert Grint or Daniel Radcliffe, however they would have to stay in character for the rest of our lives haha. Anyways, you guys can expect a review and maybe contest post in one. I'm seriously almost too excited to sleep. I have a problem.

Alright, back to the motorcycle search, who knew finding a cheap motorcycle that runs would be this hard? Oh and heres a comic!

8 comments:

Ana from far away! said...

What´s your books about? I over eated cookies the whole weekend.

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Yes! I am stupidly excited for Harry Potter, too - I should probably know better, though, seeing as I'm 24 (!)

And the Nirvana MTV Unplugged album is probably one of the best live recordings I've ever heard. I love "Lake of Fire"... Oh, I love it all! You rock, Jeanette!

Jeanette said...

@Ana: I was reading "Like the Red Panda" just finished it very good... I'll write about it in next post but I definitely recommend it. And cookies are one of my many weaknesses.

@The Girl: You know you are right up there in the competition for best quotes with Mr. O. The way you throw compliments my way haha. Also 24 is nbd I'll be 22 or 23 and first in line at the Harry Potter theme park when it opens in a few years!

Mr O said...

I have to admit, I've never gotten into Harry Potter. I think it's cuz I watched the third movie without watching the 1st and 2nd, and the whole not reading the books thing. But this one does look good. I hope you enjoy it at least.

Little sidenote: Have you ever seen "Definitely Maybe?" In case you haven't, they try to timeframe it in the 90's and this song gets played a couple times. I love the intro to it, it's so unique. Kudos on the unplugged find.

Jeanette said...

Man, Harry Potter is the greatest, although my friend watched them before reading and is having the same problem you are.

And yeah I have seen "Definitely Maybe" (I have to struggle to spell definitely right, it's not one of my good words haha) Only once though, so I don't really remember it all. And yes, Nirvana rocked.

Natalie said...

I can't wait to see Harry Potter!!! I'm a tad pissed that the 7th book is being made into two seperate movies. Also if you post spoilers (even though I've read all of the books) I will have to hunt you down and mame you. =)

Jeanette said...

@natalie: Well I don't want to be mamed so I suppose I will have to resist the urge to post spoilers. I was angry at first about the 2 movie deal, but I think it's going to be better in the long run because they can include more of the details you know, so then when the movies are done we can get more out of rewatching them.

____j said...

I love 'do nothingness' HA! In fact, that's what I did today. & I seriously laughed out loud at that comic!