Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Good Girls Go Bad

Today was an all around momentous day, I love it when that happens! First and foremost, I reached the legend...wait for it...dary mark of 25 followers! *Tosses computer aside, runs victory lap, examines now broken laptop* It's an odd feeling because initially followers weren't a main priority, but they are like Pringles, once you pop you can't stop (I compare you all to Pringles in the most loving way). Now that I'm at 25 I get the feeling I accomplished a goal I didn't know I had. So thank you all. Oh, and before I forget, if you are following me and I'm not following you (I think I am, but I get the "too much McDonalds" in the pit of my stomach feeling that someone is left out) please let me know! Also, because I didn't initially start out wanting followers, I'm still adjusting to writing to actual people instead of just myself, so bear with me please.

Alright next order of business, today at work I was running around telling everyone that at 12:34 and 56 seconds it would be 12:34:56 on 7/8/09. As exciting as I'm sure you all see that this is, people were not feeling my enthusiasm at 7:30 (thank you coffee!). So I ran around all day ate lunch in a hurry then turned on the atomic clock at my desk and waited with iPhone at the ready to catch this little beauty (please save all nerd comments until the end):


Annnnnddd after that my day was pretty much done as far as I'm concerned haha. But in all seriousness I basically checked out at that time. After work squeezed in some dinner and now I'm in my room alone, blogging and watching Practical Magic and wishing I had magical powers. When I was little Matilda was my movie, I would watch it and then practice and for a while I thought I was a sassy little witch that could make baby carrots stop mid-flight and turn around.

Well that whole paragraph did nothing to stop the nerd comments.

Also I forgot to mention that I finished The Book Theif. It was such a good book, I almost started over but then decided against it and opted to start Like the Red Panda, it's pretty good so far. But definitely check out The Book Theif if you are looking for some summer reading.

Last but not least, at Mr. O's request, a comic:


P.S. I have a contest in mind just figuring out the logistics, don't get crazy excited, but I think it should be fun!

P.P.S. Title song: Cobra Starship feat. Leighton Meister (who knew she could sing?) caught in my head all day, love the earlier Cobra best, but this has potential.

11 comments:

krystal said...

you can't read a book OVER again! what about all the other books!

krystal said...

btw, you have 28 people who subscribe to you in google reader :)

Mr O said...

Seeing as how you posted some Cobra Starship, let's do this comment in a 1,2,3 step dance fashion. (I like me some CS -- I feel they make music to have fun to, it doesn't have to be serious, ya know?)

First step: Your comments about the followers -- every word is EXACTLY how I feel. No lie. And we are both at 25. Is that a coincidence? I think not.

Step two: Tell me why after I saw your post about the time thing I got forward text message about it. Except it was 04:05:06 on 07/08/09. Obviously whoever started this is not as clever as you because they couldn't figure out the 123

break it down...

Final step: that comic was hilarious. Thank you and I am very intrigued by your contest.

jeanette said...

@krystal: I know... but the book was really good! But I have moved on, maybe when I finish those others. And how do I see these 28 people?!?! I can't believe I passed 25 3 people ago!

@Mr. O: I think the break it down really added to your comment haha. Just kidding like I said you give good comments! Also for some reason I knew you would be down for a contest, especially when you hear what I have in mind for a prize, but like I said. Logistics. I'm still working it out!

Ana from far away! said...

congrats!!! I still remember the day I got my first follower!

~Linds~ said...

OMG! I totally forgot about 12:34:56 that is awesome!!!! And here I thought I was being tricky by thinking of 04:05:06 on my own! lol

The atomic clock idea is great too!

Chatabox Girl said...

Hmm, see that doesnt quite work here is Australia.

Here we do it: day month year. So it would be 08/07/09.

The logical way :)

haha I love the comic strips!

Alanna said...

Ooooh! Contest! Fun! And congrats on reaching the 25 follower milestone... many more to come! (I'm adding you to my Friends & Lovers column, so perhaps you'll get a few more? Ya never know)

I was so stoked on 12:34:56 7/8/09 yesterday too! But nobody around here seemed to care either... But it's nice to know that somewhere someone was as thrilled as I was!

the girl with the pink teacup said...

How the hell did I miss this post?? Sorry Jeanette - it was so full of geeky goodness. Made me laugh so much that you were super excited for 12:34:56 07/08/09. I'll have to watch out for it here in Australia in August because we write our dates slightly differently to you guys (we go day/month/year - the logical way! HA!)

Jeanette said...

Do you and Chatabox (3 comments above you) know you're both from Australia? You guys could be friends haha!

tkb17 said...

J-Net,
Soooo when it turned 12:34:56 on 7/8/09 I was waiting for some huge life-changing thing to happen, but instead I got thrown up on by one of the babies at daycare. Ah, yes, the story of my life.....FML