Friday, July 10, 2009

It's Gonna Be Hard (When I'm Gone)

And just like that the celebration is over. My dear friends I have lost a follower. Was it something I said? I didn't even get a "It's not you it's me" speech, I'll never know. Instead I have to imagine that they gave me some kind of sign I didn't pick up on. They could have just posted the title video and I would have got the idea.

I was going to do the contest with this post (post 70!) *mini-celebration that is tainted by my sadness* but I decided against that because A) I still don't have any ideas on exactly what to do and B) Clearly I need time to grieve and come to terms.

Clearly I, along with my Build-a-Bear (it's my security blanket) are terribly distraught! If your wondering what emotion you're seeing in my face, it is pure, unadulterated sadness (with just a touch of hot mess [watch out...brackets! Give me a break, I can't be expected to look presentable past 8:00 p.m.]).

Alright, so maybe that was a tad much for losing just one follower, but it's my first casualty, if I can't oversell it now I fear I will never be able to. Anyways I don't want to pimp myself for followers but I need to figure out a way to redeem myself. WAIT! On second thought I still have all you lovely people and what more could a girl want, besides a endless supply of books and movies and a tropical getaway with some man candy and some cosmos, but I digress.

What was my point again? Oh yes, thanks for sticking it out with me and hoping that someday all of your patient reading will be rewarded. That day could come sooner than you think, pretty much as soon as I think of a cool contest. If you guys have any ideas, I have some descent prizes in mind (A cd or two and some guest blogging) all I need now is the contest. So help a girl out, I've had a very tough day!

Oh and just because I'm sad doesn't mean you have to be. Here is a comic!

I wish I was funny enough to write these on my own. My comics would be ridiculous (and not in a good way). Oh and I forgot last post, but it was the one year anniversary of my being in Pamplona for the running of the bulls! Oh the memories, but that is for another time kids, I'm tired. Don't forget to come up with some fun ideas!

7 comments:

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Jeanette, you poor little chicken! How dare they abandon you :( You're like the Little Miss Sunshine of the blog-world! That photo was totally adorable, by the way - the best human version of 'puppy dog eyes' I've ever seen. I'm sticking around for sure :)

Hmmm. As for competitions? I think it would have to be something music-related... Although I think Mr O would pretty much be the favourite to win it. (Damn him and his encyclopaedic knowledge of music!)

And still loving the cartoons :) Never stop!

Can't wait to hear the Pamplona tales.

for the love of pictures said...

Aww, sorry jeanette :( Well, you still have the rest of us, and we think your blog is wonderful :)

I agree with 'the girl'. Music related contests sound great.

And once again, that comic is great :)

Jeanette said...

@the girl: Yeah I was thinking something music related and then realized Mr. O would indeed probably win that. I'm going to definitely incorporate music into it somehow.

@For the love of pictures: I think your blog is wonderful too :)

Mr O said...

alright, I'm not gonna lie, if there was a contest, I would go for the win. Because I am a competitor. But please don't do it just cuz my "stalker/comment on every post you have" self will most likely be all up in it.

I am sorry that you lost #25. But who knows, maybe they went private? And who's to say that the reader count on the other thing didn't go up?

P.S. Are we going to get your stories on the running of the bulls one day?

tkb17 said...

J-Net,
I am sorry for your loss. But you still have me which is way better than anyone could ask for, right? Btw I'm digging your security blanket.

Ana from far away! said...

I´ve lost followers too...not one, a few but oh well, if they don´t like my blog or my topics, there´s nothing I can do.

I do have to say that you are one of my favorite followers! you always read my posts and leave comments, so how could you not be!!! You are part of my VIP followers!

Organic Meatbag said...

Ehhhh, the hell with them! I've lost a few readers along the way too, and I always just chalk it up to them being idiots...hahaha! OK, maybe that's harsh...maybe it's because they can't take the mental stimulation of being entertained!