Sunday, July 19, 2009

La La Land

I feel slightly ashamed for loving Demi Lovato as much as I do. I chalk it up to my inner 15 year old and her exact opposite-ness of the Devil (aka Miley Cyrus). Also I know Demi is pretty legit because she is friends/works with a bunch of cool people (New Found Glory, William Beckett of The Academy Is...). Anyways, her new cd comes out Tuesday, so I decided to reveal my secret love (previously only Maria knew) for her. So here's my sunday secret:


Phew, it feels good to get that off my chest haha. I'm listening to her as I type this and I just can't stop it's interfering with my normal selection of music styles haha.

Anyways, This weekend was great, work was work, but after I got out my old roommate Jessica came to visit. Friday we went shopping and I ended up buying a pair of Jordan's (not necessary) and Jessica got some shoes, we came back and watched House Bunny, which she had never seen. I just love that movie more and more every time I watch it!

Saturday we got up and went into Paw Paw. St. Julian winery is in town so we went on a tasting and a tour. Then we walked around town and saw some old cars and old friends. Had a quick lunch at Subway then went golfing, it was Jessica's first time and she did pretty well actually. After golf we did more shopping (also unnecessary) then had dinner at Applebee's. I had a ginormous mudslide and it was awesome. Saturday night we watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which she had also never seen, and it was also great.

This morning we got up and ready and she headed back to East Lansing and I headed to do more shopping (I'm getting ridiculous) I bought Kath & Kim on DVD and since then have been writing letters and trying to get things organized.

I have pretty exciting news! Starting this Thursday there will be a guest post from my contest winners each Thursday. This Thursday will be For the Love of Pictures, next Thursday will be Natalie, and two Thursday from now will be the grand prize winner MR. O. So look forward to those.

Oh! I forgot... I really wanted to go see 500 Days of Summer this weekend (was my plan for Friday night) and NONE of the theatres around me had it! I was terribly upset. I need to find a way to watch this soon.We also wanted to go tubing this weekend but it has been really cool for the summer so we decided to forgo the hypothermia and skip it. Here is a comic in honor of that.



10 comments:

____j said...

If it makes you feel better, I love Selena Gomez. Ha.

Jeanette said...

@____J: It really does, at least I'm not the only one with a guilty Disney Channel Music pleasure ahah

Lizzie Hoeksema said...

I would like to add that.. well... I love Mitchel Musso. and am going to his concert :] Demi is up there with the best of Disney though! and I have to admit that I LOVE Sonny with a Chance-- so clever

Mr O said...

I gave it a chance and clicked on it. But this is history making. For the first time ever, I can't get into a song that you posted.

But I did try.

And please note, I'm not trying to hate all things Disney or anything like that (she actually sounded decent) just not something I can get into.

But that shopping thing? Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do sometimes, ya know?

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Beautiful Jeanette, that was a fantastic Sunday Secret! Hilarious and tragic at the same time :) Expect an email from me in the next few hours with your very own sunday secrets with the pink teacup badge... You rock!

And so looking forward to the guest post from Mr. O. (Can't believe he didn't like the song you posted! Must be some kind of first...)

Jeanette said...

@Lizzie: Nothing wrong with a little Disney Loving... alright, there kind of is... but we love HP so we are basically young teens haha.

@Mr. O: Thanks for giving it a try... you're just going to have to ignore it... it's song number 72 on your cd's so just don't listen to it haha.

@The girl: I meant to send it into you, but I had so much going on with my friend here and then you already posted them, and whatnot... next time you'll get it early! I can't believe it about Mr.O not liking this either haha actually I can but I just had to post my dirty laundry!

Mr O said...

prediction: if it does end up on the cd, it is most likely going to get listened to... and in a few weeks time I will probably know all the words.

Lola Lakely said...

I don't have a clue who Demi Lovato is. Should I be like embarrassed about this fact? Is this now my secret reveal?

And I'm going to say right now in front of god and everybody that I heart your comics.

krystal said...

awwww wine tasting! jealousy!

Jeanette said...

@Mr.O: Oh it's on the cd which I sent out todayyyy get excited.

@Lola: You should feel like an adult since you don't know her haha. And my comics heart you :)

@krystal: It was pretty excellent!