So I wasn't going to post a blog tonight, but I had a 2 hour and 3 minute conversation with my friend Carly... about Harry Potter. I feel like it was alright though, because we were discussing very serious matters like it's longevity, and which houses our friends and ourselves would be in... the whole phone conversation I was going through my Harry and the Potters albums on iTunes, I don't listen to them often, but if you are a HP fan they are awesome. The title song is one of their songs, so click on it if you want a good laugh.Anyways, after a very intense discussion we arrived at several monumental revelations.
1. Harry Potter will be around forever. Our kids will read them, their kids, etc. Where as we think Twilight is gonna fade out. I mean personally I wouldn't really want my kids to read Twilight until they were old enough to not think that Edward is the perfect guy. They need to know that his obsessive controlling behavior around Bella doesn't = true love. Don't attack me, I like the books, but I'm at an age where I can differentiate true love and crazy. Also, we know for us and a majority of our friends, given the option of one series for the rest of our lives HP would be an easy answer.
2. Carly can see me marrying Harry... err, Daniel Radcliffe (what can I say I have a type, and that type is nerdy, I won't hide it).
3. I will forever and always love Taylor Lautner, this stems from Shark Boy and Lava Girl, Carly hasn't seen this, but might possibly love him more.
4. We put most of our friends in Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw, possibly because there is a vague difference in our minds.
5. We of course put ourselves in Gryffindor (if you knew us you would understand). The only other girls making the Gryffindor house were Kiera and Ally. However, all of the cool MSU athletes along with Mark Dantonio and Tom Izzo made the cut (MSU Football and Basketball coaches). This is mostly because they don't talk to bitches.
6. After putting ourselves in Gryffindor, the decision was made that Carly would be Quidditch captain, I would be a good goalie, and we would both be prefects. We started a Polish Mafia MSU chapter so it only seemed reasonable that we would be the best and brightest... not sure how we made that connection, but we did.
^^Carly and I attempting a P for Polish Mafia, or prefect, whichever you prefer.^^
7. I may or may not move to England to find Harry...err... Daniel and marry him.
8. I (along with several other thousands of people) could have made a better Twilight cast
. Alice=Rachel Leigh Cook, Emmett=Tom Welling, Edward=Hayden Christiansen, Jasper=Orlando Bloom, Carlisle=Brad Pitt, Esme=Angelina Jolie, Rosalie=Gisele Bundchen, etc, etc. Ignore the fact that all of those are spelled wrong.
9. We discussed several more things but it basically boiled down to use running that joint we call Hogwarts. How it took 2 hours+ to come to that conclusion is beyond me. But here is a little visual enhancement for you (Myself and Carly in our Gryffindor robes, yeah I did):
Anyway, so I just needed to get the fact that I am in fact a huge nerd out in the open and help make my friend Lizzie know she isn't alone! Mostly because her reaction of "ummm. NO" to the Twilight movie made me realize we are on the same brain wave. So feel free to mock my intense nerd status, I can take it, and remember, guest post tomorrow! woot!
Last but not least, comic. I feel like I may get called retarded after this post so this is strangely appropriate.