Sunday, July 26, 2009

Treat Me Like Your Mother

Having a guest blogger was awesome! It gave me tons of time off, and what did I do with that time off you might ask? Found some new music duh, I'm probably late onto this bus seeing as this collaboration was announced in March, but better late then never I always say. Pretty much all I've listened to this weekend has been THE DEAD WEATHER. It is a collaboration of Alison Mosshart (The Kills, Discount), Jack White (The White Stripes, The Raconteurs), Dean Fertita(Queens of the Stone Age), and Jack Lawrence (The Raconteurs and the Greenhornes). It's like a super band, kind of odd though because Jack White is an AMAZING guitar player, one of, if not the best in our generation, and on some of these songs he plays drums, which only makes me more aware of my complete and utter lack of skills. But this song blows my mind and the video is so awesome, click on the title song and hopefully it will be as epic to you as it is to me (especially with all they hype I just put in this paragraph, you'd think I was their agent haha).

Anyways, the week/weekend was great. For the Love of Pictures had a supercalifragilisticexpialidotious guest post on Thursday (Thanks again!). Friday I woke up and went golfing (got under a 50 woot!) then went to Applebee's and did some shopping. I bought this sweet statue, figurine? I'm not really sure what to call it haha


The cats clearly didn't know how to feel about it. I think it's kind of kitschy but awesome and can't wait to put it somewhere. After golf I took a nap and read some and then Cara finally got here. We ended up going to see The Ugly Truth with my mom and I am pretty glad my mom paid for it or I would have been angry at wasting my money. It was not my cup of tea, I didn't really expect it to be as I really don't like Katherine Heigl, but I liked her in Knocked Up, also I MOST DEFINITELY love Gerard Butler (especially in his tight black pants circa his turn as the Phantom of the Opera). So really It could've gone any way, but I thought it was pretty boring. The supporting cast was good, but the "jokes" just weren't funny to me. I felt like they were trying to hard to make it a Judd Apatow-esqe movie and failed big time. Cara likes Katherine Heigl and she didn't like the movie either, but my mom loved it, so who knows.

Anyways, after the movie we just talked for a while then passed out. Saturday we participated in a cavalcade of fun activities including, but not limited to:

1. Going to Lake Michigan to the beach.
2. Wine tasting.
3. Movies.
4. Late night Wal-Mart run.
5. Eating copious amounts of ice cream.

Then this morning we watched some Gilmore Girls (Cara wanted to see what the fuss was about) and then she headed back. All-in-all a pretty solid weekend I'd say. Now I'm sitting here in my Mario boxers eating some Strawberry and Peanut butter M&M's (mmmmmmm) listening to The Smiths and thinking about playing some guitar but thinking that all the way across the room is way to far to walk to get it right now. Can't wait for the next guest blog post on Thursday!


P.S. Here's an article from Newsweek about why Katherine Heigl is annoying, I knew I wasn't the only one!

P.P.S. I need a name for my dog statue. Go!

12 comments:

the girl with the pink teacup said...

Your Saturday in five dot points sounded totally hilarious - not to mention delicious! Your statue is so hideous, but in a really, really awesome and funny way - no wonder your cats look unimpressed :)

Names for it? Hmmm. "Intruder"? "Pirate"? "Fugly"? All I can say is that I really hope you are better at making up names than I am!

Off to check out that clip now... I've heard the song before (and it ROCKS!) but am curious to see what kind of visual weirdness goes along with it :)

Mr O said...

mashup bands are sometimes awesome. Two Tongues was pretty cool and there is a new one coming out called Isles and Glaciers featuring members of like four or five current bands. But that song is cool, they came out with a three pack of them on Rock Band a couple weeks ago and I have been drumming to it since.

Your review of The Ugly Truth surprised me. We got dragged into it and were surprised at how much we laughed. Maybe it was one of those very low expectations so it was better than what we thought kind of things? I don't know...

But most important thing to comment about: strawberry peanut butter m&m's. I was so intrigued I had to try it. My eyes got wide with excitement when i finally chewed one and I almost couldn't close them. They. Were. Awesome.

____j said...

The picture of the cats with the statue is freakin' hilarious. Seriously, I laughed out loud. And, I'm glad you reviewed the movie. I really did want to see it, but I can just wait and rent it.

p.s. I'm still a little freaked out by the thought of strawberry peanut butter m&m's....

Mr O said...

P.S. Dog's name = Earl. You're welcome.

Jeanette said...

@The girl: I'm not sure about your names haha might give the little dog a complex. Also why were you holding out on me?!? Didn't tell me about The Dead Weather when you first heard them? haha

@Mr.O: Who's got more musical knowledge now?! Clearly you haha. Also, maybe I wasn't in the right mood for that movie, who knows. And the Strawberry/Peanut Butter m&m's are delicious, but I can only eat a few at a time, unlike regular m&m's which I can eat about 1 billion at a time. And Earl might stick, I like it, thanks!

@____J: I would get a few more movie reviews before trusting mine haha, but it's definitely a movie I think you either love or hate. Also, might be good if you're bored. You should try the M&M's they are pretty descent, I mean, I like all M&M's or pretty much anything with sugar in it so you might want to get some other opinions on this one too haha.

Natalie said...

1. Is the dog statue a boy or a girl?
2. I loved Girlmore Girls until the final season. That season was horrible and possibly ruined the entire series for me.
3. That movie just went on my rent list. (Or pirate off of the internet right now list. Depends on my boredum level later.)

I'm so excited for the next guest post!!! I wonder what that post will be about, I bet it will kick ass!

Jeanette said...

@Natalie: 1. I'm not sure... let's go with boy. 2. Yeah I think they did the best they could with the situation. 3. Good choice.

Also I think the guest post will most surely kick ass. haha

krystal said...

ohhhhh i miss lake michigan :(

Chatabox Girl said...

Oh wow... the statue. Its so ugly I love it! lol

I would call it grumpy... just for that face. Our cats do the same.. sniff everywhere before they decide to love/hate something.

Ah! LOVE the comic strips you put at the bottom of your posts.

Organic Meatbag said...

Peanut Butter M&Ms? Now you-a speak-a my language!!
Yummy...

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You re, I guess , perhaps curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no initial capital needed You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your chance That`s what you really need!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper partner who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://unihucame.freecities.com/nahipy.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I began to get income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://axomomew.bigheadhosting.net/bubadyz.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life