Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Especially in Michigan

This post is also known as "Thank you everybody for the awards!" Sadly there was no song with that title. So instead I'm stuck with this new jam by Red Hot Chili Peppers which is alright because it's about Michigan which is always good eh? Yeah, I thought so. Anyways, I have gotten so many awards lately, I am feeling the love, seriously dudes, LOVE. Thanks :)

I'm probably forgetting all the rules and whatnot and since I got like 3 at once (seriously, so much love) I am going to opt out of tagging people and taking the easy, yet acceptable in my book, road of saying if you read my blog, I read yours and therefore, take an award! Truly, you all have lovely, awesome blogs in my opinion.

Anyway, one rule I do remember is in regards to the J.U.G.S. (Just Us GuyS, no heads in the gutter) award from Lily over at Tapdancing in the Dark. She made up the rules of the game, and I'm gonna follow them so I am legally obliged to post 10 reasons I'm one of the guys so here goes.

1. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have more DVD's than is healthy and chick flicks are at a minimum. I'd say the number of chick flicks I have is an acceptable level for a dude. There will be more on this subject when I do the planned tour of my townhouse when I get all moved in and whatnot.

2. I can't match. Guys don't get angry I'm not saying you can't match I'm just saying most girls can. Sometimes I get questions like "Is that what you're wearing?" "Yeah, why?" "Nothing... never mind." I'm always questioning my judgement and sometimes just have Maria pick out my clothes (read: if pictures are going to be taken I politely tell Maria to pick me something).

3. On average I would say flowers don't really do it for me. I mean they are pretty and all but as far as gifts go I don't really see the point. I'd much rather you bring home a movie, that's much more useful to me. I mean every once in a while sure. But spend your money on something more useful, flowers die in like a week.

4. I take about 20 minutes to get ready in the morning, no joke. I get up, put on some eyeliner, throw on a t-shirt and jeans and go.

5. I cuss like a pirate with a fucking dirty ass mouth. See I can't even describe my swearing adequately without swearing. Alright, I don't swear that much... okay maybe I do. But I attempt to control it in situations where I feel like I should. Further evidence of my love for swearing, my favorite hoodie that on the back says "Bitch Be Cool" in big gold letters.

6. I know I'm not alone in this, but I'm definitely one of those girls who eats just about anything you put in front of me caloric intake be damned. "What's that, Milano cookies have 140 calories per 2 cookies you say? I'll take the whole bag... in one sitting... with some ice cream and fudge to dip them in."

7. I love to shoot guns, not particularly at animals, but give me a gun and somehow, someway a empty pop can is getting shot off a fence post. I once shot a soccer ball with a pump gun and the pellet ricocheted into the back window of my grandpas truck, bad news bears.

8. I might not be the strongest (Fact: I probably have the muscle strength of a 12 year old) but I will fight with the best of them. Because of my weak muscles my pain tolerance has sky rocketed since early childhood and I do have unreasonably sharp elbows that I am not afraid to use. Give me a call if you need some 'bows thrown.

9. Boxers are the best pajamas. In fact, as I'm writing this I'm in my pj's (Mario boxers that say Power Up and a t-shirt) Boxers are sometimes substituted with basketball shorts, but even then they are long and loose. I hate restricting clothes (aka anything a girl SHOULD wear).

10. I LOVE LOVE LOVE to build things. One day I hope to just be able to go buy some wood and make a masterpiece, but for now I settle on putting together any sort of drawers or desks that should happen to wander unassembled into our apartment. In fact, I have been eyeing a new tool kit, especially this one that is at Target that comes with everything a girl, errr a guy could want.

So there you have it. I could probably continue this list seeing as being from the country does nothing to enhance your feminine mystique but I'll stop before people start questioning my gender.

Other than receiving all these wonderful awards I've just been working, painting (a room), and attempting to gather the things for my bedroom next year. I bought some awesome lamps and while carrying them all I could think of was "I love lamp" it was severely hindering my social interactions until I tweeted it and got it out of my system. I also bought some new shelfs (which I obviously cannot wait to put together. A few more things and it seems I will be ready for school, the real question is whether or not I can get it all moved in before we leave for Florida (doubtful).

Again, thanks for the awards! And I tag all of you, it's like the give-a-penny, take-a-penny things, if you're missing one of the awards go ahead and take one... on me :) And for your troubles, a comic.


7 comments:

pineapple said...

Congrats on the awards. ;)
And YES, boxers are the best pajamas!

Jeanette said...

@pineapple: Thanks and I'm glad I have another member of the boxers club.

for the love of pictures said...

Congrats on the awards!

I also agree with boxers making great pjs, and I love building things. It's fun to take things apart and put them back together - usually correctly :)

Mr O said...

so i haven't made it that public yet, but I have huge love for the Chili Peppers (i only a few months ago took down the poster that has been on my wall since freshman year) and I remember this song being played for one of the X games. I am playing it right now. Thank you.

I loved your list. And I am definitely contacting you if some bows need to be thrown.

And I hope you enjoy your time in Florida. It has always been good to me :)

Deva84 said...

wow that was awesome to read! very unique answers and very funny!

my first time here! I'll come back!

bisous. deva.

Deva84 said...

wow that was awesome to read! very unique answers and very funny!

my first time here! I'll come back!

bisous. deva.

Jeanette said...

@For the Love: I love when I actually get them put together correctly haha

@Mr.O: Welcome. And I'm always down when a friend needs some bows thrown. And I have a feeling Florida will be great. Always is!

@Deva84: Thanks! Can't wait to hear from you again.