Monday, August 31, 2009

The Silence

Raise your hand if you suck *raises hand* I cannot believe it has been since August 15 that I've blogged save for my little guest stint on Mr. O's blog. Seriously, I don't know what happened! Well I actually do, I started moving my stuff back to East Lansing, then I went to Florida, then I had to finish moving to East Lansing and have since been participating in Welcome Week festivities.

First things first work was great, I learned a ton (much to Kat's dismay when we were driving and I was spewing out facts about highways like someone who had their beer before liquor) and I can definitely see myself going back next summer. Florida was great, I always forget how annoying being in a car for 18 hours is. But we saved a ton so it was worth it. Had a great time in Florida, hanging out with my family is always great. Short list of activities that took place either in the car on the way there or while in Florida:

1. Watched every single episode of Arrested Development (Kat had never seen them).
2. Fishing charter where I caught the only fish, which we named Antwone and promptly ate later that night.
3. Saw Inglorious Basterds, which renewed my love of Tarentino which in turn renewed my vow to own a samurai sword in the near future.
4. Went to the shuttle launch, which got scrubbed... 3 times grrrrr
5. Beach beach beach burn beach.
6. Bought moccasins from a plantation in Georgia.
7. Drove through a hurricane, or if not a hurricane at least it's unruly cousin.
8. Got my 2.5 year old second cousins to say the funniest things.
9. Celebrated Kat's birthday at Outback Steakhouse, very classy to say the least.

So that was my vacation in a nut shell here is a pic of my monster of a second cousin. He's adorable, but he's a wild one. He's like a personal form of birth control, I don't think I can deal with kids haha. But I still love him to death.


What a cheeseball haha but he looks good reppin that State jersey! So we left Florida at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday and made it back at 10:30 a.m. on Friday. I grabbed some lunch and headed back to school. Since then I have been organizing in the day and going out at night checking out everyones new places and participating in the shenanigans that go with Welcome Week. Tomorrow is the last day before classes start up and I am not ready at all but not too worried. If I was worried I probably wouldn't have been watching movies with Allyssa all the time haha. Or going to get some Cold Stone, which was ridiculously needed. Alright, well I'm going to attempt to get some sleep. I feel like I haven't slept in days.

I'm going to attempt to do a welcome to my house type thing in the next few weeks and also attempt to not be so lame about posting. Countdown to Britney: 7 days!


Oh and title song is Mayday Parade's new single. I've heard rumors it's off the New Moon soundtrack and I hope it's not because that will probably make me bitter towards it, but it sounds like it is, so I could see it.

6 comments:

Mr O said...

*you with a samurai sword could be very interesting

*I don't know how I am feeling this song, but the other song released, "Anywhere But Here" gets me to push my vocal cords to their limit

*I'm sure you already know this, but I loved that comic, haha. I think I literally laughed out loud

*Lastly, I look forward to your house post. Is it going to be in that form that everybody else did? And getting your cousin to say things? You're not a bad influence are you?

Just Add Walter said...

welcome back!! glad you had a nice vacation!

Jeanette said...

@Mr.O: If by interesting you mean awesome then yes, I agree. Yes, I'm very glad they have a new cd coming out! Glad you LOL'd. And that's the plan, hopefully. And I'm totally a bad influence haha.

@Just Add Walter: Thanks!

Lola Lakely said...

So I saw Inglorious Basterds and loved it!! I thought it was one of his best but my friend disagreed because in his opinion, there wasn't enough action to break up the dialogue. I, hoever, being a huge fan of screenplays was absolutely enthralled by the way he set up the dialogue in each scene to build tension.

Nice to see you back! ;) And your comic, sigh, were fabulous as per usual.

for the love of pictures said...

Great to see you back Jeanette :)

Jeanette said...

@Lola: It really was quite awesome. And the dialogue led to all the funny parts haha! I think it has advantages and disadvantages, but I think Kill Bill's will always be my favorite. And thanks!

@For the Love: Thanks!