Saturday, August 15, 2009

Use Somebody (Cover)

From the number of Kings of Leon songs on here you'd think I am boarding on obsessed, however, this is another cover. Much like the cover by Charlotte Sometimes (which if you haven't listened to you should), this cover is probably preferable to me over the original. That's saying a lot because I do love the Kings. You should also check out her cover of Apologize by One Republic and anything else by her. Pixie Lott has been getting a lot of playtime on my iPod lately. Which speaking of iPods, my iPod is now refusing to sync because it doesn't have enough space. I was wondering when the day would come that my 60 gb would just not be enough and that day was yesterday. I don't think I can afford a new one now so I will just have to pick and chose :(

Other than that though my week has been just flying by. I've been attempting to pack and figure out how I'm going to move everything back to State before going to Florida in hopes of prolonging my Florida trip. Work is nearing the end, only 3 more days! Yay! Yesterday my friend Carey came over and helped me finish the scrapbooks (and again, when I say helped I mean did it for me). I'm so glad they are finally done. They are fun to look at and all but I can safely say I will never scrapbook again. Too much money and too much time.

I feel like there was most definitely something I wanted to post and I'm forgetting. Oh wait! I know what it was. When Lizzie and I went to see (500) Days of Summer. We saw a preview for the movie Adam and I want to see it so bad!!! Has anyone seen it? It looks so funny and cute. I need to find it, but yet again, living in Paw Paw is screwing me over. Ahhh, Hugh Dancy, I heart him. Let me know if you've seen it!

Alright, well I should starting thinking of a guest column for Mr. O's blog... any fun ideas or requests? I'm horribly uncreative so this is a struggle haha.

14 comments:

Jessy said...

ahh the joys of packing. My advice: get it over with now! :)

for the love of pictures said...

I agree. Get the packing done so it can be off your mind and you can enjoy everything else and relax. I agree with you about "Adam". It looks so cute, and Hugh Dancy is adorable.

k. said...

My iPod decided to pull the same crap earlier this month. I had a VERY difficult time weeding through the music & finding songs to delete.. It was a sad day!

Mr O said...

i'm really hoping that day does not come where I have to delete songs. It's like telling one of your kids "actually, there are my favorite. Not you."

I love how you referred to them as the Kings like you are good friends. Which you probably are. And I love how I was listening to them before I clicked on this blog and pressed pause to listen to this song.

As far as the blog goes, you don't really have to be creative. Anything you decide to post will be great.

Lastly, I want you to know that they are finally playing 500 days of summer here in Auburn. I feel like because of your hype, I have to see it.

Jeanette said...

@Jessy: Mostly done now :)

@For the Love of Pictures: I love me some Hugh!

@K: Friggen' iPods... who do they think they are.

@Mr.O: Haha I know! I'm refusing to delete though! Just selecting which ones to put on my pod until I get the new ones.

And I'm actually not friends with the Kings, but funny story, when they played at State I almost went, but then didn't at the last minute, but my friend who I was going to go with hung out with them at the bar afterward.

I will do the guest post after I'm done working I swear!

And hopefully you like it after I hyped it up this much!

Lizzie Hoeksema said...

:] MUST SEE THAT MOVIE!!

roxybelle said...

I agree with what you said about the Apologize cover by Charlotte Sometimes. It's exquisite. She deserves more fame than she has, although maybe her lack of fame is what is so endearing about all of her music.
Anyway, I actually stumbled upon your blog because we're both E.Lansing residents. :)

krystal said...

i still love your blog layout!
it's really weird, when i opened your blog i was singing kings of leon in my head and then there was your title!

Jeanette said...

@Lizzie: How do we find it?!?!

@roxybelle: You live in EL?!?! That's awesome! Maybe I'll see you around haha!

@krystal: Why thank you! You are on the same wavelength as my blog haha!

Deva84 said...

love pixie! her cover is damn good!

Lola Lakely said...

hey there Jeanette! I am so sorry that's it's been awhile since I've been to visit you. I am blaming the three weddings I was invited to right in a row. Can I?

I know you said that You'd never do scrapbooking again but there is this great website that prints out an actual book for you. It's amazing! I did one for my sister and all I had to do was drag and drop whatever pics I wanted and creat captions. Much less time consuming that regular scrapbooking!

Ryan said...

Where do you find the comics? They're hilarious

Jeanette said...

@Deva84: I concur!

@Lola Lakely: I'll accept that explanation. What is the website, I might check it out next time I do something exciting enough to scrapbook about haha.

@ryan: www.explom.net There are called cyanide & happiness.

Lola Lakely said...

It's www.mypublisher.com

They have a bunch of different types of books you can create from travel to kitschy to wedding. I'm telling you- it comes out amazing! My sister loved hers.