Tuesday, September 29, 2009

First Day of My Life

So one reader of my blog, cough cough Mr. O cough cough, has something against Bright Eyes but he likes this video so I have done my best to spare him. I, on the other hand, Loveeeee me some Bright Eyes. So here you go.

I'm sure you are all dying to know what happened at the camp out and I am going to tell you. Rules of the camp out are that our tent has to be set up by 10:00 a.m. so we started packing up the car at 9 and got all set up and ready to go. Turns out Michigan decided we didn't need any weather or anything so we ended up spending the beginning of the camp out playing Euchre. By the end of the night we had played 13 games in total, my team winning 7 of them. Yep, that's how I roll, and this was just the beginning of my winning for the day, but more on that further on.

We went over to the ice arena to watch the game, which got pretty ugly pretty fast so we promptly left. I threw the good 'ol pigskin around for a while, better than most the kids on our football team I'm sure. The we all played Mad Gab for a while (of which I was on the winning team :)) At this point everyone was getting a little sleepy, minus Maria and I so we went to mosey around the area. We ended up by the inflatable obstacle course, which, as I'm sure you can guess, I won at. Not once, not twice, not three times, but four times! I'm so agile on the huge, thick skinned balloon you barely had time to be in awe.

After all that excitement we visited with some people and then played some Egyptian Rat Screw... which I won... three times in a row. Then I left to go play corn hole with some friends who were visiting the camp out. The two games of corn hole I played with them were my only losses of the evening. But it was alright because after they left I went and got Maria to play corn hole and I beat her not once, not twice, but three times (Seriously, it was a great night for me). After that we played some more Euchre and listened to Izzo talk then just hung out.

I tried going to bed at around 1:30 but wasn't tired so I read some then tried again. However some annoying kids were right behind me singing Backstreet Boys, which is all well and good, but not at 3:30 a.m. They finally stopped an hour later and I was like "great! I can go to bed" however, they immediately started talking. Now I'm aware that college guys aren't the most tactful or tasteful human beings, but they were being disgusting even for college guys. More disgusting sex situations than even I could handle, I mean really, we are in tents about 2 feet apart. And I was ignoring it just fine until they started talking about women's basketball, which led them to talking about my friend Allyssa. Luckily for them they stopped before I got up and punched every single one of them in the face.

I finally fell asleep about 5:30 a.m. only to be woken up at 7:00 a.m. by Coach Izzo with is damn bullhorn. We had the tent packed up by 7:45 a.m. back in bed by 8:00 a.m. All in all good times, only downfall is that now I think I'm sick, of course. But it was all worth it, and I can breathe a sigh of relief that I never have to do it again haha. Hope your weekend was just as great!

Oh and I plan on posting the stair incident video as soon as I get around to putting it on my computer haha.

4 comments:

amillionmilesfromeverywhere said...

"never have to do it again"??! shoot, that sounds like fun! minus the getting sick part, of course. euchre? corn hole? bouncy things? ummm, yes please!

Jeanette said...

@amillionmiles: It's all fun and games until you have to sleep outside. Michigan is too cold in the fall.

Mr O said...

"something against"
--good way to describe it. Not a real hatred, just a strong dislike, but yes, this particular song gets a thumbs up.

that comic was great

and this post totally made me want to go to MSU. But, you know, out of state tuition and such

Jeanette said...

@Mr.O: This comic cracked me up. Plus MSU is awesome... Grad school?