Thursday, September 17, 2009

Welcome Home

Hey dudes and dudettes, I've been patiently awaiting your arrival, sorry it's a little messy we have all been getting into the swing of things (read: we've all been a little lazy [read: I... I have been slacking a little]). Anyway, come on in, this is the living room I have sat in approximately 5 times most of those while I was drinking. But that there is my All American Rejects got milk poster.


And what's this you ask? that would be our mini Michigan State basketball hoop and our board of roomie pictures. Some of these fond memories include the New Years I threw up every 30 minutes for 12 hours and me dragging Maria despite her resistance into the living room.


This is another wall of our living room with Carrie there looking seductively into your eyes and the wall of Allyssa, for those who don't know my friend Allyssa is on the MSU women's team and so to show my support I have a poster from each year signed by her... however, that bottom one she signed while intoxicated. It says something like "I <3 Tay, and the Aarons, and G-ma J and one more... Ginger Ginger Chicken Finger." That is the definition of classy.


Here is our kitchen I spend as little time as possible in. I am not gifted in the culinary department. I pretty much stick to Pizza Rolls and Taquitos. It's a good thing I have a kind of active metabolism.


Now what you have all been waiting for, MY ROOM!! I know, exciting, exciting things going on. So that is clearly the bedding I chose after all the debating. Let's see, what else, the bandana above the window is from the running of the bulls in Pamplona, my sweet sparkly lamps, some more pictures and tickets to random sporting events, the eiffel tower and whatnot. Doesn't my bed just look like the comfiest thing in the world... don't worry, you aren't imagining it, it really is.


And here is the view from my bed, that is my television where the roomies and I spend quality time watching movies and whatnot. I like to confuse people who come in my room by portraying badass with the Wanted poster and softie with the Phantom of the Opera poster. I like to keep my guests on their toes, do you feel confused? Good, that's how I roll.


Here is my desk where I do everything but homework. I actually do my homework sitting on my bed, because you know I like to have good posture. My calender actually has events on it so you are witnessing a rare event.


I know all of you (read: non-dudes) are always interested in the closet area of other non-dudes. So there it is, it is in fact color coordinated... sort of. I would say about 50% of the closet is band t-shirts. I have probably a few too many of those.


Here is a close up of above my desk. I just wanted to point this out because the board on the left is covered in concert tickets. Yes. Some would say too many, I would say not enough. Also note the middle picture on the right board, it features a bite-size Jeanette and my bite-sized best friend Alison. We were adorable.


I realized not that visible in the other picture was my sparkly pink guitar. You're welcome. Can I play you ask? I mean, it's debatable haha, I say yes, my roommates beg to differ.


I know you have all read me write about how many movies I have and here is the moment you've all been waiting for, the movie collection. Also my box sets, you can't really tell but the Twilight books are still in the plastic wrap. I'd read them all before the movie and purchased my own copies finally. Then we saw the movie and I have been too bitter since then to read the books again haha. Oh and there is my hat.


I don't really have a favorite movie row because they are in alphabetical order, courtesy of Maria.


So after all of those movies we move on to television series. I have every season of 30 Rock, Arrested Development, Desperate Housewives, Dinosaurs, Freaks and Geeks, Gilmore Girls, Heroes, How I Met Your Mother, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Kath & Kim, The Office, One Tree Hill, Reno 911, Samantha Who?, and Veronica Mars. Well I'm missing a few Reno 911, but I'm working on it as quickly as I can.


I am also missing a favorite book row because those are also alphabetized by Maria. This picture is missing a few because I loaned a friend both Chelsea Handler books. Anyways, I've read approximately zero pages since I've been at school that didn't involve steel structures.


I thought to end this post I would show you something you guys might remember. Looky there, my dog who goes by several names, I believe Ugly was a suggestion. Only now he's wearing a sorting hat! Also in this picture, my Wii, my shot glass collection, my Russian flask, and other random things.


So there you have it. That's the standard tour. I wish Tegan and Sara would come take the tour... Is that weird. Anyways, who's down for some ice cream and Rock Band or Mario Party, whichever works.

13 comments:

Mr O said...

So i was going to post a comment, but I think I'm just going to lay on that bed over there...

Mr O said...

Ok, now that I am all comfortable and staring at your calendar and awesome collection of tickets, I have the following to say...

*the fact that you have all the seasons of the office makes you even more cooler than you already are

*i have heard of the famous pink guitar. And now I am jealous of said guitar. I know i'm a guy, and it's pink, and that is like a sin, but that thing is nice

*I love that Ugly is still hanging around haha, I LOVE THAT GUY (even though I am just now meeting him) [or her?]

*your Wanted/Phantom poster has caused me to become confused. Mission accomplished.

*I think it's awesome that your room is where most of the movie watching goes down. You do have a nice setup, if I do say so myself

Well, as much as I would love to take a nap, that rock band/ice cream party sounds really appealing. Since I called drums at my party, I will switch things up and rock the mic!

Jeanette said...

@Mr. O: Gotta love the Office. Don't know if you can tell from the picture, guitar is signed by Paramore. You didn't meet Ugly already, terrible. Always good to accomplish missions. I like the think the set up is great. Works for me. And we are always looking for a good singer here, for some reason no one likes to sing!

Just Add Walter said...

thanks for the tour. LOVE your bedroom with the CDS over the bed... how creative! and love the bedspread choice you went with!

Natalie said...

Your room in college is a lot cooler (and bigger) then mine ever was. I get that's what I get for going to college in a city. A bedroom the size of a closet.

I don't play guitar, but I'm attracted to all things pink and glittery so now I want it.

Also is your wii pink? If so I'm jealous of that too. Mine is white and boring. I may have to go buy some glitter and make it pretty while the hubby isn't looking.

Jeanette said...

@Just Add Walter: Thanks, I was pretty happy with my decision.

@Natalie: Haha you should get a sparkly pink guitar just because. And my Wii is pink, it's just a sticker pack my roomie got me for x-mas. Here is a shop that sells a lot of them http://www.mygift.com/wii/nintendo_wii_skin_decal.html

Jenni said...

Oh what a cute home you have - well with the exception of all the MSU things I see posted ;) Only kidding. But truly - it's great! That pink guitar is awesome and that board of concert tickets is a cool idea, I need to do that! And super cute bed spread - it's so unique and different I like it! And all the Got Milk posters is funny. I like it. You have the most intense movie collection I've ever seen. I own about 1/16th of what the movies you own. HaHa.

Jeanette said...

@Jenni: I think MSU only adds to the charm haha. Yeah ticket boards are awesome! You probalby live close enough that you could borrow the movies haha

krystal said...

fun crib!!! kinda jealous of the tv :)

for the love of pictures said...

I am also insanely jealous of that TV :) and of how neat your place is. I really need to get the gettin' with some cleaning around my place. Great tour!

Jeanette said...

@Krystal: You saying it's a fun crib means a lot, you're always posting such great rooms!

@For the love: I'm sure it won't stay this clean haha

Lola Lakely said...

Awesome! Thanks Jeanette for giving us a peek into your fabulous life. I didn't think you cuold get any cooler than you are but you did. You rock. Especially with the pink guitar and the pink wii.

Jeanette said...

@Lola Lakely: Thanks! Now if only I could play the pink guitar as great as I can play the pink wii haha. Priorities I guess.