Friday, October 9, 2009

Can't Go Back Now

This whole blogging more often thing hasn't been going as well as I'd initially hoped for. I blame it on my lack of social life. School is really killing my rep, anybody else getting this? And being the smart person I am I thought to myself "I can barely find anything to write about in my blog so you know what I'm gonna do... I'm gonna get one of those Tumblr things." And that is what I did so if any of you have one lets be friends :)

Needless to say I did not see Toy Story 1 or 2, I can't find that extra 3 hours. So other then studying for the 4 tests I have next week not much has been going on. Oh wait! I made some major life decisions in the last few weeks. There was a career fair at school this week which means I had to decide if I wanted to get a job or go to grad school. After some intense thought as to what I wanted to do with my left I.... signed up for the GRE and skipped out on the career fair. That's right everyone, I am delaying being an adult as long as possible. Now I only have to pass the GRE and then apply for schools and you know... graduate. I've got a few schools in mind for grad school but more research must be done. One thing is for sure, I'm leaving Michigan... time for a new state.

So that's it in the life of me. Follow me on Tumblr if you're interested... or Twitter. Or friend me on Facebook if you feel like it (All the links are up at the top!). Oh and listen to the title track by the Weepies... if you haven't heard of them you are missing out.

12 comments:

____j said...

what is tumblr? and...you should come to alabama for grad school! then florida would only be a few hours away :)

Mr O said...

yea, you may also be the one who will be single handedly responsible for getting me to know about tumblr. I had no idea your school stuff was that hectic, good luck with it all. But wouldn't it be some shit if your path took you to Alabama and mine took me to Michigan? Not gonna lie, I would be kinda bummed if that happened.

Now I am off to listen to this music video

Jeanette said...

@____j: Tumblr is kind of like a mini blog, you can post quotes, links, text, audio video, etc. Then you follow people. Pretty much like Twitter, but with a little more functionality. if you are interested I'd check out mine and see what you think! And I am looking down south but more along the lines of Georgia Tech and U of Tenn.

@Mr. O: It is my goal to introduce you to so many new things. It's only hectic this week. Lots of tests. Is your path taking you towards Michigan?

Laura M said...

Hey there! Found you through 20SB. I must have the opposite problem as you. The less of a social life I have, the more I blog! I love your title and the fact that each post is connected to a song. Really clever.

Brent said...

Cool Ranch > Nacho Cheese. Just got introduced to your blog via 20sb.net. Love the comics and the honesty. I know what you mean about not knowing what to blog about at times. I found myself in the bad habit of waiting until I had something profound to say before I blogged it. I got over it just recently, and had a fresh start. New fan here! Keep up the writing!

Jeanette said...

@Laura M: Thanks! Yeah I want to blog more I just have nothing useful to say haha!

@Brent: I agree cooler Ranch all the way. Thanks! I briefly checked out your blog, can't wait to read more. :)

for the love of pictures said...

I've been finding the same thing as well. It's hard to think of things to write, especially when school and work take up so much of the day :)

Love your blog though :) Keep up the writing, comics and great music :)

Ana from far away! said...

Don't worry too much about getting a job. Just enjoy your graduate school and after you finish it, then you can worry about it. I spend too many years worring and worring, in the end I got an interesting job (after months of searching). Good luck with your tests!

Jeanette said...

@ForTheLove: Well now you have a WII so I expect posts about that!

@Ana: Yeah, that route seems to be the least stressful, thanks for keeping me on the up and up :) Anddd I rocked both tests I had today, it's looking good.

Meg said...

I don't blame you for putting off the whole "real world" thing. I was definitely the same way before I started grad school. I wish you the best of luck as you try to figure out where you're heading next. Enjoy school while it lasts; it goes by WAY too fast. :-)

Mel said...

I'm in the same exact boat. I feel like the only thing I have time for is school. And I have the GRE and Grad School on my mind too. I found your blog on 20SB. GO GREEN! :)

Jeanette said...

@Meg: I'm doing my best! Thanks for stopping by!

@Mel: First off GO WHITE! and yes, the GRE is just looming over all my plans haha.