Monday, October 26, 2009

Deep South

Almost another week! I swear I'm trying to post more, but at the same time waiting for something good to write about. And do I have a story for you! Life was pretty unexciting up until the weekend (isn't it always). So Friday night I went to see Zombieland FINALLY! And it was totally worth the wait, I want to watch it again, like right now. Anyway, I went to the movie with my old roommate Jessica and when we got back I met up with a friend from high school and we all went to the bar.

Well someone (aka me) was an idiot and didn't eat all day. And you know when you don't eat and your blood sugar is too low and then your hearing gets muffled and your vision goes black. Yep... that happened not once, but twice at the bar. The sad thing was that we left after that and I wasn't even buzzed. Waste of the cover charge. I'm alright, just a few bruises from the ground haha. This used to happen a lot when I was younger, but it hasn't happen in a while. I guess it just thought I needed to be reminded haha.

So I stayed up for a while being all embarrassed and assuring Jessica that I ate and was fine. Saturday morning I woke up and Maria and I went to the Halloween store around 11:00 I found the last piece I needed of my costume as did Maria. Then we went to Sam's Club to get large pops, they have the best ice there. We came back, got ready for the day and then headed out to tailgate around 1:00 p.m. The weather was terrible and alcohol can only keep you warm for so long so we all headed back to our townhouse. Once everyone was ready 12 of us piled in Maria's Explorer and I dropped 11 of them off at the game. The game was heart wrenching for me (happy for Krystal). We lost with 2 seconds left in the game.

Saturday night Maria and I watched some HIMYM, she is almost caught up and loving every minute of it. I slept until noon on Sunday and then did a whole lot of nothing productive. EXCEPT for my trip with Jessica to campus to take some beautiful fall photos. Examples below.

Just playing in the leaves.

I love East Lansing in the fall (summer, winter and spring)

Trust me, this is one river you do not want to fall into.

Anyways, after this little adventure I had some delicious pizza and called it an early night. Class all day today, super sucky, I'm so ready for this semester to be over! I was sitting around playing guitar when Allyssa and I decided to go see Saw 6 so we had to hurry over. It was pretty crazy, the usual gore and twists and turns. They left it open for another, but I kind of wish they'd stop. The movies are entertaining, but enough is enough. I'm so excited for Halloween!!! Can't wait to see everyones costumes.


Oh and the title song is by Cartel, I'm really digging their new cd, especially this song, makes me want to live in the south!

8 comments:

Just Add Walter said...

those pictures are too cute!! love all the pretty fall colors!

____j said...

I love those pictures!! And, we saw SAW, too. The ending made me want to chop my arm off with a butcher knife....JUST kidding.

Ana from far away! said...

It happens to me too... sometimes I want to write, but I just don´t know what to write. I stopped struggling with that and just wait.

Jeanette said...

@Walter: Thanks!

@____j: Yeah I hope they don't make another.

@Ana from far away: Yeah that's what I think I'm coming to haha.

Mr O said...

I can't believe I missed a post. That shows how much I have been slacking in the blogosphere. You know I didn't see it if there hasn't been a comment. Anyways...

*I'm glad we are facebook friends so I saw more pics than that.

*Saw is my favorite franchise. I wish they would have stopped at 2 to be honest. But if they keep churning them out, im not gonna lie, I will keep going.

*I still wanna see Zombieland

*That comic was one of the best yet

Mr O said...

P.S.

I also love the Cartel cd. Why? Because this really awesomely cool person slid it to me and I have been turning it up really loud to jam out to. Especially the song you posted (and recommended).

While the South can suck at times, I am honestly happy to have grown up here. I like the simplicity of it all. So maybe you can sing it when and if you make the move to GA?

Jeanette said...

@Mr.O: Shame!! Yeah they need to stop... but I won't until they don't. Go see it! Oh man Grad school decisions will be happening soon!

Jeanette said...

@Mr.O: Shame!! Yeah they need to stop... but I won't until they don't. Go see it! Oh man Grad school decisions will be happening soon!