Saturday, October 3, 2009

Fuct Up Kid

First of all. Today has been a fabulous day. Why you ask? Well I'll tell you. We beat scUM, sorry I mean, the University of Michigan. It's always fabulous to beat them. When I was looking at schools I considered U of M and went to the campus, but as with most of my friends who did the same we quickly realized that 90% of the people who attend that school have some weird superiority complex. I get being proud of your school, but there is no need to act superior to everyone else. Example: Last year I was at my friends house in Ann Arbor for the game and we were winning, by a lot actually... my friends and I were cheering but not bragging to them excessively, and as soon as the game ended and we had won every U of M student in the room turned to us and said "Well... our academics are still better so whatever." I mean really?!?! It's alright to lose sometimes. So beating them is a good feeling, makes me feel all warm inside.

Enough on that subject though. Yesterday I saw Whip It! with some friends. For those not in the know Whip It! is Drew Barrymore's directorial debut. And it was pretty excellent, really funny script, great cast, all together a good movie. It had pretty much everyone in it; Drew Barrymore (obviously), Juliette Lewis, Ellen Page (Juno), Alia Shawkat (Arrested Development), Marcia Gay Harden, Landon Pigg (Check out his c.d.'s if you haven't already), Jimmy Fallon, Kristen Wigg, Eve, Ari Graynor (Norah's best friend in Nick and Norahs), and a few others including Daniel Stern (Home Alone!). I would definitely recommend it, we were all laughing so much!

So all-in-all it has been a great weekend, I think there is some beer pong happening tonight and Toy Story 1&2 in 3D tomorrow. So excited Paramore in 8 days! Life is good. Oh and I posted the video of the stair incident on Facebook so check that out.

Oh and title song is an old Mest song, I've been burning through all their songs over and over, it's great to rediscover a band.

11 comments:

for the love of pictures said...

I might check out "Whip It" tonight. I feel like I haven't seen a movie in ages, even though I just saw one last weekend :)

____j said...

Okay, for one, I am jealous that you got to see Whip it. My city isn't playing it. UGH. And for two, I am jealous that you're going to see Paramore. I mean, I DID get to see them this summer, but the only new song we got to hear was Ignorance is your new best friend. So, take great pictures, or at least come back with some great memories so I can live vicariously through you! ha

Ana from far away! said...

I´m glad you had a great weekend!

Jeanette said...

@ForTheLove: I know it hurts me to go to long between movies. Let me know what you think about it.

@____j: Oh man, hopefully it will get there soon! I know I almost didn't go because I saw them in the summer...and several times before that... but I'm really glad I am going. I'll take lots of pictures... it's my friends first concert so if it's not too cold we are gonna go early and try to get real close.

@Ana: I'm glad you're back!

Mr O said...

this post made me wanna see Whip It... then yahoo basically said it stunk it up at the box office. Which means it will prolly sell huge on dvd.

Yet another band I didn't know.

Speaking of bands, I really need to learn the other two bands playing with Paramore. You don't suppose you could help me with that could you?

Jeanette said...

@Mr.O: Yeah I'm really sad it got beat by everything because it was enjoyable.

How do you not know Mest? They were my band in High school when I was all punkish haha. What do you think about them?

I can help you with the swellers. 50% is good right?

Chelsea Talks Smack said...

jealous youre seeing paramore! gah!

Lola Lakely said...

I wanted to see Whip It1 I had NO idea there were that many stars in it. It looks adorable but alas the boys and I are going to see Zombieland tonight. Which I am so excited for.

I will now have to face book you in order to see the star incident! hahaha!

Tracie said...

I want to see Whip It, but first it will be the Toy Story (promised my daughter) I didn't realize just how many stars were in it before reading your post. Very fun!

Jeanette said...

@Chelsea: I know! It's so exciting every time!

@Lola: Let me know how Zombieland is... after you facebook me :)

@Tracie: I want to see Toy Story too! I hope I have time before it leaves theatres!

Lola Lakely said...

Zombieland is AWESOME! See. It. Now. Don't read anything about it, or get the cast list because there is a surprise cameo that is way funnier if you don't know who it is!