Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Teenagers

It has been a week?!!? Where did the time go? Truth be told I was waiting to update until I went to see Zombieland but apparently that is never going to happen and I don't want to keep anyone waiting haha. But I have one more exam tomorrow so I'm going to keep this short, with another installment of "You might be Jeanette if..."

-You've watched one to many late night movies on cable this week.
-You saw "Where the Wild Things Are" and loved it.
-You got some possibly great news (Waiting until it's confirmed to share it!)
-You watched Drag Me To Hell not one, not two, but 3 times.
-You went to Midnight Madness for the last time to support your friends on the team!

And that is my life in a nutshell. It was a pretty chill weekend in general. Thursday I made the mistake of watching "Primevil" until 3 a.m. it's pretty much just a movie about a huge killer crocodile that lives in Africa, but as a plus I learned some sweet defensive strategies. Friday I had a test, was long, but went alright. Friday night I went to Midnight Madness, it's pretty much a "get to know your basketball teams" get together. They fill up the Breslin Center and introduce the MSU men's and women's team. I have a few friends on the women's team so I went and hung out there with my friends parents, good times haha.

After that I stayed up watching "Team America" until around 3 a.m. again, needless to say I didn't wake up for tailgating on Saturday. The game was good, we won woot! I worked on homework all day until I went to see "Where the Wild Thing Are" with my friend Danny. It was different from the book but it was still pretty amazing and extremely beautiful. After the movie I hung out until Allyssa came over, she brought over cupcakes and candy, and we had some ice cream. I think I gained about 5 pounds. Sunday was pretty lame, I watched "Halloween:
Resurrection" until 2 a.m., my sleeping schedule is so out of whack right now. Anyways, hopefully by the end of the week I can come back having finally seen Zombieland and confirmed good news.

Oh and the title song is by Hayley Williams of Paramore. It's off of the Jennifer's Body soundtrack, it is an amazing soundtrack!


OH AND!!! I can't forget, the Tegan and Sara album "Sainthood" leaked and it is amazing, AMAZING I tell you!

OH AND! I got an award from Ana it is the Awesome Post Award, I would like to pass it on to:


The award is over in the left column guys!

11 comments:

Lola Lakely said...

Ohhh, I checked back at the perfect time and look I may be the first to comment! Woohoo! "was waiting to update until I went to see Zombieland"- um, was this in reference to me dying for you to go see that movie? Heehee. I'm heading to see Wild Things tonight with Kane. We are going to attempt a marathon walk to a movie theater. ;)

Question, So I don't listen to Tegan and Sara- which songs should I check out?

And thanks for the award! Yay! Much love to you and here's hoping that you make it out to see Zombieland!

Jeanette said...

@Lola: You're almost too awesome. You are my sole motivation to going to see Zombieland anymore haha. Can we be friends? As far as Tegan and Sara go, there are a lot of routes to go because each cd has a different sound while still sounding like "Tegan and Sara" So for now I will leave you with this (http://teganandsara.com/video/) It has every video they've made in their 10+ years. The Con about midway down is a pretty safe place to start.

If you really get into them and you have AIM I can hook you up with some music.

Lola Lakely said...

Um...yes to the friends bit! And, I'll eat your blog up, I love it so. Just got back From Where the Wild Things Are and LOVED it. I will check out Tegan and Sara and get back to you. Alas, I do not have AIM but apparently I need it to keep up with you and Mr. O's music! ;)

Mr O said...

ok so I was nosey and read the comments, and just putting it out there for everyone to see: jeanette does great hookups over aim. I am still rockin the cartel cd

speaking of music, i knew it was going to be Hayley Williams, but a small part of me was hoping it was MCR. I dont know, i've kinda been on a kick of them lately.

when you first started out this blog and said "late night movies" i thought were you watching the dirty kind. But then you explained. And I don't know whether I'm relieved or dissapointed.

Thanks for the award, thought im not sure how to use it, haha

amillionmilesfromeverywhere said...

ooooooooh, you went to go see where the wild things are? i can't wait to see that, it looks so cute!

SassyGirl said...

I want to watch Where the Wild Things Are! So badly!
Although I heard it got some bad reviews. But I refuse to believe it, it's not possible!

Jeanette said...

@Mr.O: I was on an MCR kick a while back...maybe another time. haha You're probably disappointed... I am jk. Put it up! Show it off (The award that is)

@Amillionmilesfromeverywhere: Yes! Go soon!

@SassyGirl: It was different, but still amazingly awesome!

krystal said...

you blogged! woo!
p.s. GO IOWA!!!!WHAT WHAT!
p.p.s i haven't listened yet but today is the day! i still haven't even had time to look for the ones that saved somewhere else, haha

Sara Rae said...

I wanted to see Where the Wild Things Are, but word around the faculty room was that it was bad. I so need to drag someone to see it with me.

I might just want the soundtrack though..

Jeanette said...

@Krystal: Yeah... we'll see who comes out on top (Probably Iowa haha. Also LISTEN TO THE CD.

@Sara: It's not bad, it's not a happy movie though, although neither is the book. And the soundtrack is pretty awesome! Drag someone to see it!

____j said...

I know I am late on this, and I am sorry, but THANKS for the award :)