Wednesday, November 11, 2009

One Hundred Times

Guess what today is?!?!?! It's my one hundredth post!!!! I was about to post this weekend real fast and I decided that I would wait and actually put some thought into it. As I was trying to think about something awesome to do I decided to just copy Mr. O and his musically themed 100th post. For my 100th post I'm going to talk about my top 10 followers and songs that remind me of them. So without further ado...

1. Mr.O : Since I stole his idea I decided to start with him. Mr. O hasn't been around since the beginning but he's more than made up for it. He leaves great comments and his blog isn't too bad either. I probably love it so much since it's strongly based on music as is mine. Mr. O and I have since taken our love for music to the next step and exchanged phone numbers, we often text about concerts and whatnot. If that doesn't make him awesome enough for you get this, he has a show on the radio. AND if that isn't enough he even let me make a set list once. Basically... he's one of the coolest dudes you'll find in the blogging world. I happen to know that his favorite band is Taking Back Sunday so obviously I had to go with one of their songs, I've been digging this video lately, so I went with:



2. ____J: How did I come across good 'ol Jamie's blog you ask? Well since you are so interested to know. Mr. O is actually the cause, you see Jamie is Mr. O's best friend. Now we are pretty much bffs, Facebook, texting, you name it. She also has great taste in music, I pretty much knew we would be blogger friends when she expressed her mutual love for Tegan and Sara. Her blog is great definitely check it out. Because we both love Tegan and Sara (and because I can play this on guitar) for her:



3. Lola Lakely: Sticking with the people who know Mr. O theme, next on my list of favorite followers (which is in no particular order) is Ms. Lola Lakely. She also has an awesome taste in music, which I know because she has been shooting me suggestions for bands to check out. But more important than that she is hilarious! I would venture to say her blog is one of the most laugh out loud blogs I read on a regular basis. She often has guest bloggers and even they are hilarious it's pure craziness! I bet at least Mr. O could've predicted a Muse song headed Lola's way, not just any Muse song... one of my favorites:



4. Ana From Far Away: Ana's blog is an amazing place to find inspiration and put yourself in a happy mood. She is always writing about finding the best in any given weird/unhappy situation. She is also a great follower, so I recommend you hit up her blog if you haven't already. Because Ana always puts me in a good mood she gets a song by Amy McDonald that I think she will approve of.



5. A Million Miles From Everywhere: I don't quite remember when or how we started following each other but I do know I'm glad it happened. While I'm not always the best commenter... I tend to forget sometimes... she always sticks with me. Commenting and keeping up the great posts. So for her some old school Fall Out Boy:



6. Jenni: Jenni is a great follower and a great blogger, she always posts interesting things. Not only that she is my in state "rival" she is a U of M fan and I am a MSU fan (obviously). But it's all in good fun and I have to stick with my people you know. I'm holding out on the day when I can have one of those awesome "I-met-a-blogger-friend-in-real-life" posts, I'm not giving up hope. For Jenni one of the bests songs that mentions Michigan (not many to pick from):



7. Just Add Walter: Just Add Walter is probably one of the busiest bloggers I know. She is blogging all the time with hilarious stories and tons of awesome contests (I have yet to win one, but I'll keep trying). Her last post about a incident involving Dr. Pepper had tears literally streaming down my face from laughing. Fun fact Just Add Walter is from the South, which makes me slightly jealous. But I digress, the first song that came to my head was a little ditty by the eternal classic Cheap Trick:



8. For the Love of Pictures: I love this blog, and blogger for that matter. Not only does she post daily blogs with wonderful pictures, but she is so great she won a contest of mine! I like to think I can take interesting pictures now and then, but really I can't, not the case with FtLoP, the posts are wonderful. So my song choice:



9. FWB: Krystal has been with me right from the beginning, one of the first blogs I followed and one of my few early followers. Her blog posts are interesting and thought provoking AND she has an awesome dog (by awesome I mean I might steal it). She is another Tegan and Sara lover which pretty much means we are bffs as I've stated above. She also used to live in Michigan! Speaking of living she is prepping for a big move, BIG MOVE. So head over to her blog and check it out! For her I've decided on a song called Moving to Seattle because it's the closest I could come to moving to Switzerland:



10. Brent: Last but surely not least is a relatively new follower Brent! He is an aspiring screenwriter living in California (me=jealous). We've had a few convos about great television shows like How I Met Your Mother and It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, and he hooked me up with a site to watch the episode I missed last week. Also his Halloween costumes, yes costumes, were amazing. AND as if that weren't enough he is managing a great band. So head over to his site. As is evidence by his blog Brent is a great writer so for him a little Spitalfield:



So there you have it, I'd like to thank all my followers, not just the ones in this post and I hope I can keep doing something right to keep you guys around. I've made sure to link all of the mentioned blogger's sites so go check them out and make sure to check out all their songs (YouTube links for your convenience) Also check out the title song by Hit the Lights, I saw them this summer and they were awesome.

One last HUGE THANKS to everyone for sticking with me and helping me get to this point. You're all amazing.

19 comments:

for the love of pictures said...

Happy Happy Happy 100th Post! :) Your blog is wonderful, and I cannot wait to read your next 100 posts as I am sure that they will be just as awesome. Thank you so much for the mention and I absolutely love my song choice :) Congrats again Jeanette!

Mr O said...

This post was incredible, looks like I have some new people to check out. And while I expected some Muse for Lola, I was pleasantly surprised to see we picked the same song.

And don't sell the two of us short, it's not just music anymore, though i have to thank you for loads of wonderful music. I was actually talking to jme the other day about it and I was wondering if we could be called bbf's?

Just Add Walter said...

Happy 100 posts!!!!! :) thanks for the sweet words about me! I have never actually heard that song before... but have listened to it twice already this morning!

hope you have a great day!!

Jeanette said...

@For the Love of Pictures: Thanks! haha I hope I can get another 100, this 100 took me almost a year. There was really no other song I could go with unless it mentioned pictures!

@Mr. O: Totally your idea haha. If you're gonna love Muse you have to love that song. And yes, I would love to be bbfs.

@Just Add Walter: Thanks you! It was a tough call between that song and a song by Incubus of the same title... but Cheap Trick will always win that contest.

____j said...

LOVES it! Seriously. I'm excited to be one of your top ten blogger friends. I hope we're friends in real life some day.

____j said...

and if that was just cheesy, then I'm sorry. I'm just excited.

Jeanette said...

@____j: Not at all. I hope the same thing! I'm excited about your excited-ness

Ana from far away! said...

Thank you!!!! I feel honored to be in your top ten followers!!! yey! You just put me in a good mood!!!

Jenni said...

Happy (belated) 100th post! That is truly so, super duper exciting. Now this musically themed post is just genius. I especially love #6... haha. Thanks a million for the shout out, love!
We can definitely set-up one of those meet a blogger in real life get together. I feel like there are only a few of us Michigan-gander bloggers so I'd love to meet another chick in this mitten of a state (even though she roots for the wrong college ;) just kidding, kind of).
Thanks again for the holler. I think I might download this song right now as I've never heard it.

Jeanette said...

@Ana from far away: You always cheer me up, glad to return the favor.

@Jenni: A blogger meeting would probably be too much awesome for Blogger to handle!

Lola Lakely said...

Jeanette- Sorry it took me so long to read your lovely, post. As you know I was in Phoenix actually working. Wtf on the working getting in the way with blogging! Yuck. In any case, you know I adore you! Thanks for your lovely pimpage and your lovely Muse-tastic display. God I love Matthew Bellamy.

Brent said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brent said...

hmm... my comment from before didn't go through or something, but happy 100th post! and that wasn't a shoutout... that was LE BEST. it was like an internet high 5, which is of course, e-mazing. thanks, and what a cool band. after watching that one performance, i went through like 5 more videos of them on youtube. i'm diggin' em.

Brent said...

oh, and another honesty scrap award for ya on my blog!

Laura M said...

WooT! Woot! Congrats on 100 posts!!!

krystal said...

awww, i'm lovin this! i'm excited to check out other blogs too. what a fabulous idea for your 100th post! love ya girl!

MorrownoW said...

haha, well you'd be our first interweb fan girl, and that... would deserve a filmed shoutout and song dedication on stage :)

Jeanette said...

@Brent: when you said Le Best I immediately thought of that video where the stick figures like "but I am Le Tired" And I'm glad you liked them! Thanks for the award!

@Laura M: Thanks!

@Krystal: I hope you're having a fab time in Switzerland.

@Morrownow: That would be probably one of the cooler things that has happened in my life. When are you touring in Michigan haha!

.debbie. said...

Congrats! Triple digits is exciting! I only recently got there myself :) Love the blog, keep going!