Monday, December 21, 2009

I See You

Firstly, I really, really, really want to live on Pandora. Not the radio station, the setting of the movie Avatar. My friend Liz and I just went to see it and it was Amazing. The 3D was some of the best 3D I've seen and I just loved it. At 2 hours and 40 minutes it could have dragged on and on, but I left wanting more. I considered hunting down another showing immediately, since I didn't I had to settle on the theme song as my blog song and home to see it again soon. It gets my vote for a tie for best movie of the year with (500) Days of Summer, but they're completely different movies and both great for their own reasons.

Anyways, I wanted to get in a quick update, not only about Avatar but about what I've been up to. Although before I get to that I just want to take a moment to recognize that the world lost a great actress today, very suddenly, too suddenly. Brittany Murphy has always been up there on my list of favorite actresses. As much as people harped on her for maybe not being the most intelligent person there was not one of her movies I didn't like. Whether it be Clueless, Girl Interrupted, Just Married, I even enjoyed Uptown Girls (although let's keep that on the DL). I was shocked that she could be taken at such a young age. It has been a terrible year to be a celebrity, but we'll never forget all the awesomely hilarious moments Brittany Murphy has given us.


Back onto a cheerful topic, my weekend. I'll start by just telling you how it was... it. was. awesome. I packed up and headed home on Thursday and almost as soon as I arrived I headed over to the church for wedding rehearsal. The rehearsal went smoothly, everyone was just having a great time and we were done in like half an hour so we headed over to La Cantina for dinner. It was really fun, our bridesmaids gifts were baskets full of great things and the food was delicious. Our high school happened to also be at the restaurant for an awards ceremony so I got to say hello to a lot of my old teachers which was fun.

After dinner we headed over to the bar to relax with a little smaller of the group. Jill and I snuck some wine in, which we had after the drinks we purchased along with a few shots throughout the night. Tyne was hilarious, Kate called saying she would be late and Tyne (unaware of the time) asked the bartender if they were still serving... it was 9:45. There were also some shenanigans with Christmas bulbs but that story is for another time.

Friday morning we were all told to be at the hair dressers by 11:30, which was much earlier than I wanted to be but I'm glad we all were there it was fun to hang out and talk and relax for the day. It took over 4 hours for all 7 bridesmaids and Tyne to get our hair done so we basically headed straight to the church from there. I managed to make it down the aisle without tripping and the wedding went off without a hitch.

The reception was a great time. Tyne has 14 brothers and sisters, many of whom I'm friends with so I got to see a lot of people. Our unofficial bridesmaids song was "Friends in Low Places" so when the DJ played it everyone got a great performance by us. Tyne and Doug left before midnight to head to Detroit to catch an early flight to Sandals in the Bahamas so I came home relatively early and began the tedious process of getting all the bobby pins out. I have really thick hair so I expected more than other people but it was just ridiculous. Jill, who had a similar hairstyle, had 33 bobby pins I had 61... 61!!!! Almost too crazy.

I spent all of Saturday relaxing and recuperating from the semester, AKA not getting out of bed. I continued this until this afternoon when I did some grad school stuff and then went to see Avatar with Liz. All in all it was an AMAZING weekend and I couldn't have been happier to participate in Tyne and Doug's wedding. Tyne is one of the kindest people I know and I am so glad she found someone who makes her as happy as Doug. And for those interested in pictures I will post them on Facebook soon so if you're not already friends with me click the link at the top of the page and if you are already friends with me, keep your eyes open for them.

Hope your weekends were as great as mine! Who else is loving the snow right now?!?

7 comments:

.debbie. said...

I saw Avatar this weekend too...it was amazing!

Brent said...

Sounds like you had an awesome time. I have yet to see any of my friends my age get married. And guess what? My friend got me "The Bro Code" book as a gift! Even before I put it on my facebook as a gift hint lol. It says "It is every Bro's duty to intervene and stop a fellow Bro's dedication to one woman for the rest of his life (wedding). This intervention is called a, 'Bachelor Party'."

Jeanette said...

@.debbie.: I want to see it again!

@Brent: NO WAY! You got the bro code?!?! Lol, oh Barney Stinson.. he is a wise fellow. I kind of want him to get married though. I'm so jealous! Be sure to notify me of any other awesome sayings in it.

Mr O said...

Avatar was movie of the year. I love how it came at the end of the year and stole it from those who were trying to get it. 500 Days of Summer is on demand at my sisters and I convinced her to order it so you should be hearing from me about it soon.

Call it a guy thing, but my favorite Brittany Murphy movie was Sin City. I thought she was great in it.

Glad you had fun at the wedding, and I look forward to the pics.

As for snow, I actually am loving it now that I am up north. But I have yet to see it actually fall (crosses fingers)

for the love of pictures said...

I cannot wait to see "Avatar". I'm hoping to pull a hat-trick this weekend and see it along with "Sherlock Holmes" and "The Lovely Bones" - we'll see how that plays out :)

Glad to hear that you had such a great time at the wedding too :)

for the love of pictures said...

I left you an award on my blog, btw :)

Anonymous said...

好文..................................................