Sunday, January 10, 2010

Happy Birthday

This video almost fits perfectly... other than the fact that I turned 22, if you're wondering where I've been I'm about to let you know, but first, sorry about the absence.

So let's see where did I leave off... my EGB Top Ten Lists went off without a hitch, Yay! I definitely caught a cold from all the family time so I spent several days just sleeping and reading trying to get over it. Amidst the rest and reading I went to see a few movies with my mom. I saw Precious (super depressing, but good), bought Glee on DVD (at midnight, made them get it out of the box, I'm such a Gleek!), went to It's Complicated (Pretty entertaining, Meryl Streep is almost too amazing). Once I got over my cold I packed up my stuff and headed back to school, as you know my car was broken so I drove my moms car.

I hung out with a few friends on the 30th just a very chill night overall, I spent the rest of the day doing chores and whatnot until my roommate got here and we braved the frigid weather to walk to a few parties. Courtney and I went through a couple (read: 4 bottles) of champagne throughout the night. Needless to say we were feeling good, after a quick trip to McDonalds and Courtney falling in the parking lot we were back in bed and passed out after a successful New Year!

Surprisingly I did not feel nearly as bad as I'd expected, regardless I spent the next day doing nothing, just watching tv and recouping. My friend Carly stopped by on the 2nd and stayed until the 5th. We spent all of the 2nd, 3rd, and most of the 4th watching How I Met Your Mother. She wanted to get into it and I had the DVDs... that show honestly never gets old. So funny. We didn't make it to bed before 6 a.m. either night, just stayed up talking (mostly about the genetic make-up of humans vs. wizards and vampires). Good times nonetheless.

My roommates came back on the 4th and a bunch of us went out to Los Tres for my birthday dinner. Los Tres is the place to go because they give you a shot of tequila to get your night started off right haha (also it's less than 100 yards away). We all headed back to the apartment and a few more people came and we spent the rest of the night celebrating me successfully surviving 22 years. I got some awesome gifts; a new slouchy hat, a picture frame with a bunch of pictures, some Russian Standard Vodka, etc. We just played card games, beer pong, drinko and whatnot well into the night. Most people headed to bed around 2 or 3 but a few of us were playing beer pong until 5. You're probably wondering how I'm alive... I am too! I woke up at 11:30 feeling mostly fine except for the huge unexplained bruise on my arm.

I packed up my things again and headed back to Paw Paw to spend some more time with mi madre. When I got home my grandma told me to come to town with her so I did and SURPRISE new car for Jeanette! My mom got me a 2002 Chevy Trailblazer that I have named Gustave. I have to pay her back eventually but only when I can so I will be working on that haha.

I spent the rest of my time at home getting it tuned up and getting a new stereo put in (so legit). I couldn't believe it, no one believes me but my mom really is the best mom ever! While at home I also discovered the new Beefy 5 Layer Burrito at Taco Bell and it is AMAZING. I ate so many of them this week, I should run or something. I also fell twice on the ice, when I fell off the porch was the one that really hurt. Stupid Michigan weather.

Nothing else really to report, all my shenanigans are documented on my facebook at the link in the top navigation bar up there. I didn't really do much else other than go see Avatar again (still great) and hang out with some friends. It seems with how little I did I would've updated before now haha. Thanks for sticking in there!

4 comments:

Mr O said...

I have been wondering where you were. No lie. Nice to see you back.

Gustave is an AWESOME name for a car. After a lengthy table conversation, my car is The Silver Surfer. I love it.

I almost slipped on the ice many times. In a weird way, I almost wish I had. Would have been a funnier story to tell.

P.S. Disc 1 of Arrested Development is almost complete. I just moved Disc 2 to the top of my queue

krystal said...

OMG, i can't believe I missed your bday on FB! what the heck! HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!! now you can feel a little special today :) i'm so sorry :( i'm a bad friend. i can't believe you got a car, that is way awesome!

Just Add Walter said...

welcome back!! and a belated happy birthday and happy new years to you!!

Jeanette said...

@Mr.O: Don't slip, it's painful. I'm so glad you're getting into Arrested I can use so many more references.

@Krystal: No problem, thanks! Yeah my mom's the best!

@Just Add Walter: Thanks! I might not comment on all of them but I truly love all the posts you're doing!