Thursday, March 25, 2010

Artbreaker (I)

Where to begin.... oh here's a fun fact. I GOT INTO THE UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA FOR GRAD SCHOOL! It was honestly the last college I expected to to get into, and I had already gotten denied from two colleges. I'm not sure if I'll end up there, I sincerely hope I do, I have to see if I can afford it. I also have two colleges to still hear back from, and it would be a tough choice if one of them offered me money. Then there's my mom, I know she's extremely proud of me, but at the same time I'm her only child and I don't think she is in anyway excited for me to leave. But that's besides the point, right now I'm just going to be happy and celebrate!

Other than this USC news my week has actually been pretty un-fun, I'm so overloaded with school and work. It makes me a little hesitant to go onto more school, but I feel like that's the right path for my future.

Anyways, I had this thought the other day, I want to get your gals/guys thoughts. So once a long time ago a kid I knew moved away and we were talking about missed opportunities and whatnot and he said "one day I'm gonna show up at your doorstep, and then you'll see." Now this never happened but the other day I got to thinking about it. And I know to some people that might sound like a crazy thing to do, but to me, that's like the most romantic thing you could do to someone. I mean, can you imagine! What would your reaction be?!? Does anyone else secretly wish that would happen to them?

What else is new in my life... Our men's team is still in this crazy March Madness tourney, is this year upside down or what. I saw "She's Out of My League" for the second time this week haha and I'm just trying to make it to graduation!

P.S. Warped Tour Pre-sale Starts Tomorrow! Oh yeah... and TEGAN AND SARA in a few days!!!

12 comments:

Brent said...

USC! USC! USC! USC! even though I have tons of friends that go to UCLA.

____j said...

That is awesome, Jeanette! I am proud of you! And I can totally relate to being soooooooo busy with school.

Yes, if dude just shows up at your doorstep [esp. if he has flowers/candy/gift] that would be super romantic, and you should DEF. give him a chance ;)

Natalie said...

It all depends on if you like the guy that randomly shows up at your doorstep. If you don't like him that it would be really awkward.

If it happened to me now I'll just let my husband answer the door. It would be most entertaining for me that way. =)

You should come enter my blog giveaway. Oh and tell your friends to enter as well!

for the love of pictures said...

CONGRATS Jeanette! I am so happy for you :D

I agree with Natalie, if a guy showed up on my doorstep asking for me, I'd let my fiance handle the situation :)

Have a great weekend!

Jeanette said...

@Brent: You can play for both teams, err......

@____J: Thanks! I can't wait for a tiny break this summer. haha right?!

@Natalie: That's true, I would hope they'd have an idea if I liked them or not though! And I'll def check it out!

@For the Love: Thank you! It's a good strategy you and Natalie have, but one I can't employ as I don't have a significant other haha.

Mr O said...

USC would be so awesome, if that's where you ended up going.

I tried to say it already, but congratulations are definitely in order.

If it's a person from your past, that would be awesome if that happened. Unless you're like the above comments, then it kind of sucks haha

krystal said...

USC would be such an awesome experience!!!!

Ana from far away! said...

Congrats!!! what are you going to study? I am also applying to grad school, hope I can get a scholarship. I can identify with you, because my mom won't be happy if I leave... it's just that I want to go reaaally far.

Jeanette said...

@Mr. O: Maybe you'd end up out that way! and THANK YOU! haha yeah, it'd be really awkward if you didn't like the person.

@krystal: Yeah, it's be pretty amazing.

@Ana: I'm going to study Civil Engineering, yeah I haven't heard from the finaid office yet. Mom's just want us to stay forever lol

And you want to go farther than far away?! (lame I know)

Lola Lakely said...

Hello luv! Congrats (again) on getting in to USC.

I guess it all comes down to how you feel about the guy. If you always had a thing for him, then it is incredibly romantic. However if you never liked him, it's just creepy. Yay for double standerds!

for the love of pictures said...

Btw, I'm having a mini giveaway on my blog if you're interested. It runs through Friday :)

____j said...

Jeanette! There's a gift for you on my blog!