Monday, March 8, 2010

Empire State of Mind

I wanted to update this earlier but my Spring Break has been a whirlwind of activity, so I'm updating while sitting in the passenger seat driving in NY (THANKS Technology), but I digress, let's go back to the beginning...

I took my last exam early, Thursday instead of Friday, because of a "conflict" the conflict being that I didn't want to extend the week any longer than it had to go. So I packed up a bag and made an impromptu trip to Cincinnati to visit my friend Ashley, because it's been WAYYYYY too long. Luckily we're a set of people who can instantly pick up where we left off. I wish more than anything that she lived closer, it sucks to think that in less than a year I'm gonna be off who knows where. Anyways, I got there on Friday afternoon, changed and we headed out to Bock Fest. It was celebrating something to do with beer, but it had goats so I was okay with it. We had some sushi then wandered around to different bars. The next day we went to see Alice in Wonderland and just hung out. It was great to catch up and meet some new people. I was also very pleased with Alice in Wonderland as well.

Yesterday I made the 4.5 hour drive back home from Cincy to Paw Paw then the 1.5 hour drive from Paw Paw to East Lansing and around 8 p.m. my mom and I left for New York! I decided to stay in the cold and visit NYC this year with a ton of exciting stuff on the agenda. We actually just left Niagara Falls, we made a little stop there to check it out, they were amazing! Now we're headed to our hotel in New Jersey, I'm gonna do a quick change and go out to dinner with LOLA LAKELY that's right THE Lola Lakely, I'm pumped, should be good times, here's to hoping I don't make a fool of myself haha.

On Tuesday we're heading into the city early and I'm meeting a friend from my freshman year of college who lives in NYC, she's gonna show us around and whatnot, planning on spending the whole day in the city seeing as much as we can. Then Wednesday there's more site seeing and taking in a show (Wicked!!!) then heading back home. Once we get home on Thursday I plan on sleeping 1000 sleeps and then getting some work done... because on Saturday I'm going to see Muse/Silversun Pickups!!!!!

..... Like I said, WHIRLWIND! I'm so excited, and there will be tons 'o pictures on Facebook within the next few weeks when I get some downtime. I hope all your Spring Breaks are just great as well! If you're at the beach, then I'm jealous!

This comic kills me haha, I need to go back to Russia ASAP!

2 comments:

Mr O said...

The whole time I was reading this my jealousy factor just kept increasing.

I guess you really are too cool for school (literally haha)

Comic was great, as usual

Lola Lakely said...

I get a THE in front of my name. Pure awesome.

And let me just say dinner was legen- waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiit for it- DARY!

Heart you!