Saturday, March 13, 2010

Free Falling

Mr. O has mentioned it before but there is going to be a new "Punk Goes..." album soon, this time it's Punk Goes Classic Rock, and while some of the covers have disastrous potential, this cover of Tom Petty actually turned out FREAKING AWESOME. Aaron Gillespie is one hunky ginger, he's the singer of The Almost and the drummer for Underoath, I mean, talk about being talented. Anyways, click the link and sing along.

I bet you're all wondering how my crazy spur of the moment vacation went, you're in luck, I'm about to let you all in on my week. We made it in Monday night and as planned met THE Lola Lakely for a bite to eat. It could not have gone better, I actually met her through this blog and after dinner my mom was going on and on about how well we got along and how similar we were. It was so much fun, it felt like we had been friends for ages. Seriously guys, she's awesome, follow her. NOW! After dinner my mom and I headed back to the hotel and got to bed relatively early.

Tuesday I had plans with Lauren, a friend from freshman year of college who now lives in New York. We had to meet her at 8 a.m. but got an early start and got to the city around 7. From 7 to 5 we pounded the streets of New York like it was our job, seeing everything we wanted and then some (except for Tina Fey damnit!). Lauren was an awesome tour guide, I gave her our list (and a list of some things Lola said to check out) and she planned it out in her head and we were off! My mom had a great time, she loved every minute of it, especially the dessert at Serendipity. After the exhausting day we ended up meeting a former Miss New Jersey at 7/11 and then calling it another early night.

I'd go into detail about everything we saw, but it would take way too long. We got up early the next morning and then headed out (apparently too quickly because my mom got a ticket for going 17 over in Pennsylvania), and I spent the last few days catching up on sleep and just hanging out with my mom. She actually took me shopping and got me those EasyTone shoes that are supposed to make your butt look good, I'll keep you guys posted on whether or not they're worth the money :)

I actually just wanted to get this post out there to once again thank Lola Lakely and let everyone know that I'm super pumped for the Muse/Silversun Pickups concert tomorrow haha.

Have a great weekend everyone! I think I need to work a little more on being a better follower to some of you, I know that, so look out for me to be a better commenter soon!


3 comments:

Mr O said...

There is a lot of New in your tags, haha.

I have to say, I felt honored to have gotten a pic from your Muse concert. It looked (and I bet it was) amazing. Almost as amazing as meeting Lola Lakely... almost.

You have to give me heads up whenever you come across more covers because this one was... awesome. I just kept turning it up louder and louder haha.

Better Off Med said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

Jeanette said...

@Mr. O: Haha right?! It was almost as amazing as meeting Lola lol

The Forever the Sickest Kids cover of Ozzy leaked but it's ehhh

@Better Off Med: It was so great!