Sunday, May 23, 2010

Call That a Comeback

I'M BACK! School got out and I was totally ready to start blogging on the regular again and then, our internet decided to be a little beotch and go out. I don't know what happens, the technicians on the phone didn't know what happened and neither did the ones who came out to our apartment. It was a mess and all I learned from the whole situation was that I hate Comcast with an unyielding fury. Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed Matt's guest post, I know I did, he's a standup guy to help me out like that.

Anyways, so much exciting stuff has happened. A) I graduated. (WOOOOOOT!!!!!!) B) Hung out with the cast of Spring Awakening C) Graduation party ($$$$) D) New roomies for the summer E) Movies, parties, living the life F) Working to finance the above.

Graduation was great, I mean I feel like the ceremony is more for the parents then anything, but it was good times nonetheless. I was more excited about hanging with my friend Sarah Hunt. She's in the national touring cast of Spring Awakening, and the show was in Detroit. We spent the day chilling around the city and catching up and then she gave me a backstage tour and introduced me to the rest of the cast. She then got me a stage seat (in Spring Awakening there are about 25 seats ON the stage) it was awesome, everyone did amazing, and being on the stage was ballin'. After the show I stuck around backstage to say goodbye and the whole cast signed a script for me... basically it was a pretty great night.

My graduation party was great, got to see a bunch of people from high school, including my 3rd grade teacher (now retired) who we taught to play beer pong haha. It was a great relaxing, fun day. After that we finished getting the new summer roommates moved in and I finally made it out to Crunchy's for the first time since the smoking ban in Michigan. I love Crunchy's on the weekend for karaoke. Once settled we had tons of free time, what with the internet being broken, so we've been going to movies (Robin Hood=mehhhhh), got my roommate started and finished on Arrested Development, and have been just hanging out.

Last week I started work at MDOT, 6:30-5:00 Mon-Thurs... all I know is I'm not cut out for office work. But it pays the bills. Gotta do what I gotta do. All I know is that I am so excited to see MacGruber on Tuesday hahaha Kristen Wiig is a personal hero of mine and I'm psyched.

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe I almost forgot to mention this! So Tuesday Conan O'Brien was putting on a show here at MSU and I had missed out getting tickets so I was super depressed all week, trying in vein to find tickets on Facebook and whatnot, no such luck. Anyways, Tuesday morning we get emails saying extra tickets had been released so I call up and buy 2 of them, then call my friend Angie to get her to go. We go to the will call and she hands me my tickets, I look down and BOOM ROW 2 CENTER!!!! We were literally 10 FEET from Conan O'Brien. It was an amazing show, he's such a cool guy, and so funny. It was awesome, so much fun, I can't say it enough.

Anyways, that's been my life, hopefully I'll be on here a bunch more now that I'm back to a regular schedule! I've missed you all!


Also you should check out the preview for "Easy A" starring Emma Stone, I'm pretty excited for it. Alright, Got to work early in the morning!

8 comments:

Allison said...

I remember my convocation. It was outdoors in a tent in June. It was so hot and there were so many people in the tent.

My hat fell off when I went to shake the hand of the chancellor. So embarrassing. And the girl next to me must have gotten heat stroke - as she had to leave twice to throw up. Good times.

Mr O said...

I feel like a stalker, but I'm pretty glad that you are back. And I feel like you are here to stay. I mean, it was this time last year that all this craziness started, for me at least.

By the sounds of things, it will be an interesting summer to keep us updated on

preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeety jealous you saw Conan. Just sayin

I saw the trailer for Easy A, and weirdly thought of you. Kind of good to know you like it.

Lastly I'm glad the fuck word made it into a comic on your page.

____j said...

Sounds like you've been having lots of fun! Good for you :) Glad you're back!!

Krystal said...

welcome baaaaackkkkkkk! and happy graduation, again!

Jeanette said...

@Allison: Oh my goodness all of that sounds ridiculous yet AMAZING. Throwing up twice, I bet she was embarrassed haha.

@Mr. O: I'm glad I'm back as well... and yes, I should be at least weekly now! Conan was badass. OH MY GOODNESS, I'm so excited that you thought of me when you saw the easy A trailer!

@____j: You know what I forgot to mention! HOW AWESOME JAMIE IS for sending me AMAZING cookies. I wish I had valuable skills like that.

@Krystal: Thanks and thanks! I have to get caught up on your blog(s)!

Lola Lakely said...

Yeah that graduation ceremony is long, boring, and stupid. I remember being so hung-over that i almost threw up on the person next to me. I actually think I was still drunk.

So jealous over the Conan!!!

Danielle said...

EASY A YES!!! I absolutely cannot wait!

Jeanette said...

@Lola: I love everything you do haha. I need to come to the Dirty Jerz ASAP.

@Danielle: EEK I'M excited... maybe we can see it together!