Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Down and Out

So I would have put guest post, but for some reason I've realized that people don't really read guest posts like they have cooties or something. So here's hoping this post isn't tainted.

As you can tell, this isn't jeanette. This is Mr O from A Rush of Blog to the Head. She sent me a text asking me what I thought about doing a guest post for her since her Internet is down and here I am, typing words for all of her followers.

We swapped numbers back last summer during the Warped Tour so we could give each our thoughts on our respective shows. I say that to tell you that the only way I feel I can do a guest post for her is to talk about our mutual love: music.

*I tried to do this post in her style. The title is a link to a song by The Academy Is, a band we both appreciate. There is a great piano version out there somewhere, but I just can't find it...

*Two of jeanette's favorite bands, Paramore and Tegan and Sara, are touring together. You should have known that by now if you have been following this blog, but I got news today that Alt Nation on Sirius XM is giving away tickets to EVERY date on the tour. Just go here to try and score some free tickets.

*I feel like this year has been a sleeper year for great cds. Vampire Weekend, Motion City Soundtrack and Minus the Bear have all put out great releases but the world only wants to talk about Ke$ha and Justin Beiber. Priorities man, the world needs to get them in order.

*Do you have any favorite cds from this year?

*Lastly, this has nothing to do with music, but a great show I got recommended to me by jeanette is Arrested Development. I watched the entire series on my own and thought it was so good I got my roommate into it and re-watched it from the beginning. We just finished the last episode tonight and now we are hoping that the rumors about a movie are true.

Well, that's it for me checking on this blog for jeanette. If you want to know what's going on with her (some pretty exciting things in my opinion) you should add her as a friend on facebook. Seriously, all the cool kids have.

Hopefully her Internet will start working and she will be back soon, but till then I will try to do like she does and leave you with a comic.


3 comments:

Allison said...

I love when two bloggers I (heart) converge.

Way to go Mr. O...maybe one day you can guest blog for me.

Krystal said...

come back jeanette!!!!!!
and i LOVE arrested development
do you guys watch Modern Family??

Jeanette said...

@Matt: you're the best! Thanks so much, our internet is still being slightly shady, but I hope to be back to 100% shortly. A) That comic is awesome. B) I love that you put this TAI song as the title. C) I'd like to go to every tour stop, I mean T&S, Paramore and New Found Glory?!?! But I think I'll only be able to hit up one of them. D) Favorite cd from this year: She & Him Vol. 2. E) Arrested :) I love it. Thanks again so much!

@Allison: Matt's great! Get him to do a guest blog!

@Krystal: I'll be back soon, don't you worry. And yes Modern Family is AMAZING I loved the finale!