Sunday, May 2, 2010

Miracle

Oh goodness, it's been a while hasn't it. I know I've been saying it for a while but I was really busy, haha. Now that I'm done with senior design all I have left is a few exams and I'm not worried about those as much so I thought I'd come update everyone on what's been going on. I've always been a fan of MMA, but lately when I was super stressed I found out that watching MMA is a great tool to increasing my productivity, let it be known that BJ Penn is a badass.

However, I do feel pretty bad about neglecting this blog, between senior design and everygirlblog.com I've been busy, busy. Let's do a quick recap of the last 20 days:

1) Haven't made a decision yet regarding grad school, it's gonna happen before graduation.
2) Took the 8 hour FE exam... unsure of how it went.
3) Saw Kick Ass (LOVED IT)
4) Worked a ton
5) Quick trip home to Paw Paw
6) Saw The Losers (It was decent)
7) Got addicted to the new season of Dr. Who
8) Got chased by some ducks
9) Presented our design, the culmination of all my undergrad years
10) Bar crawl (see FB for pictures)
11) What's the last thing... oh yeah... got myself a new tattoo.

I've been thinking about getting my 5th tattoo for some time now and after the way things have been going (both good and bad) it seemed like the perfect time
.


The cross has been there for awhile (hence the faded look) the text is the new addition. It says "It's not faith if you use your eyes" the inspiration is the title song by Paramore, I've always been drawn to those lyrics and they fit well with my tattoo and my general philosophy on religion. I was raised Catholic, but have never been one to jump into Catholicism 100%. Yes, I believe in god, but I also believe that the church has some major issues it needs to address. In other words I believe that there's a God, but I also believe that said God would accept everyone for who they were, not all these crazy things you can't do.

Anyways, that's what I've been up to, just wanted to jump in and let you know that I am in fact alive, hopefully you all got that, I've been trying to keep up my comments on your blogs. I'll be back to regularly blogging soon, schools almost over, it will happen!

12 comments:

Allison said...

I'm contemplating a second tat - you're on your 5th - whoa!

You liked Kick Ass? I want those 2 hours of my life back and the 12 bucks I spent. Different strokes.

Jeanette said...

@Allison: Yeah at least we can agree on tattoos... I know the feeling though... that's how I felt about both Twilight movies and I liked those books!

Allison said...

We can for sure agree on that!

Krystal said...

i have been mulling over a tattoo lately - i've never considered it because I know i'm too flighty for one (i'd probably get tired of it) but...lately for some reason i want one!

serban said...

nice:))

Jeanette said...

@Allison: well that's good then!

@krystal: I say go for it.. I mean memories right? Only live once.

@serban: thanks!

Allison said...

Well since someone gave me this, I feel obligated to pass it on:

http://websterslaw.blogspot.com/2010/05/things-you-dont-like-to-leave-house.html

Kayla said...

Love the new tat. I'm in the middle of getting my 5th sketched. I can't wait to get it done.

http://ramblingofasmalltowngirl.blogspot.com/

for the love of pictures said...

Nice tattoo. The lyrics and the cross are a good fit :) Good luck with all of your upcoming exams!

Sunshinemeg said...

Great post! Just stumbled across your blog and love, LOVE it = ) New follower and just wanted to say hi. Have a great day!

Jeanette said...

@Allison: Thanks again!

@Kayla: Thanks, and I'll definitely check out your blog.

@for the love: Thanks! I'm all done now, it feels great.

@sunshinemeg: Haven't had a chance to check yours out yet, but I'm following so I don't forget!

Lola Lakely said...

Ummmmm! What? 7) Got addicted to the new season of Dr. Who???

Hello. Why wasn't I informed about this?????

Signed,

Disgruntles in NJ

P.S. I miss you.