Thursday, June 3, 2010

(30) Days of Me: Day 3 [The Final Countdown]

Anyone who's been around me for more than a week knows that I watch a lot of tv. They also probably know that my love for one show far surpasses my love for any other. Day 3 of this shindig is my favorite television show and that ladies and gents is ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT:



I watched this show from the beginning and you have no idea how sad I was when it got cancelled a mere 3 seasons after winning over my heart. What's not to love Will Arnett, Portia de Rossi, David Cross, Jason Bateman, Michael Cera, Alia Shawkat, among others. Along with some of the best ever guest spots by Liza Minelli, Charlize Theron, and Julia Louis Dreyfus. This show is had some of the smartest, funniest humor of all time, people just never caught on... what really makes me angry is that this show started at the exact same time as Two and a Half Men, how did that make it and Arrested didn't?!?! grrrrrr. Anyways, whenever I'm feeling sad I just pop in a DVD and laugh along with the gang. The title video today is a tribute to Gob Bluth using the song the Final Countdown, which he always danced to in the show.

I would be remise if I didn't include that my second favorite show, which is inching closer and closer to Arrested with every episode aired is 30 Rock. It's the same kind of humor with just as amazing of a cast. If it keeps up, I might just have to call it a tie.

What are your favorite shows?

9 comments:

Allison said...

My favourite comedy is How I Met Your Mother. Favourite drama was Lost.

I hate Two and a Half Men! Seriously? Why is it on? How is it funny? So awful.

I've seen some Arrested Development episodes and loved them. I really need to star from the beginning and watch them all though.

Mr O said...

I should have called this one. And I must say... thank you.

I even smiled a lil bit at the title :)

Mr O said...

& I just noticed your 30 was in parenthesis. I love it.

Mr O said...

& I just noticed your 30 was in parenthesis. I love it.

Allison said...

Jeanette & Mr. O: I (heart) that you're both doing this at the same time. So much fun to read.

Jeanette said...

@Allison: How I Met Your Mother is right up there I love it... I"m getting my roommate into it right now. Definitely watch AD from the beginning... so much better that way!

@Mr. O: You definitely could have called it. and your welcome... and You know I was waiting for you to catch onto that!

____j said...

I've never seen arrested development, but it's on my 'to do' list when we get our xbox back. And I love 30 rock, too. It's hilarious :)

Krystal said...

do you like modern family?!?! it's so funny!
also...i also do NOT understand how three and a half men surpassed this...it makes me sad for america :)

Jeanette said...

@____j: You're killing me! Definitely watch them all. Also 30 Rock <3

@Krystal: yeah I love Modern Family.... like I said I watch a lot of TV... so many favorites. Yep, America sucks haha