Wednesday, June 2, 2010

(30) Days of Me: Day 2 [Tiny Dancer]

Alright guys, you'll notice that I"m still trying to include a song with each post, but it's got to be relevant, I'm not just going to throw a random song at you guys. LUCKILY Day 2 of this project asks me what my favorite movie is... and even luckier is that my favorite movie is ALMOST FAMOUS (2000)


If you haven't seen the movie SHAME ON YOU and go rent it immediately. In 2000 I was 12 and well into my alternative rock, anything to do with music ways, I can't even remember how many times I saw this movie in theatres but it wasn't enough. Never before have I found movie I so related to. This movie is the reason that no many how TERRIBLE movies Kate Hudson makes, I still will see them all. Not to mention my man Jay Baruchel is in it... although he's a tiny boy... but this movie was when I fell in love with him!

Anyways, those of you have seen the movie will know that one of the pivotal scenes is the band on the bus singing Tiny Dancer, to this day it just makes me smile watching it. Click the title to see it for yourself... or go get the movie! Not only is this my favorite movie, but it contains my favorite line from any movie I've ever seen, one of my top ten quotes of all time. Over the years, I've thought about this quote several times, and how it applies to me. In the movie Penny Lane (Kate Hudson) says:

"I always tell the girls never take it seriously, if you never take it seriously you never get hurt, you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely... just go to the record store and visit your friends."

Music has always held a huge part of my heart and soul, and always will. I feel like the musicians are my friends, writing songs for me like I told them my secrets and they were helping me out. That's probably why I love this movie so much, more so than any move I've ever seen, it talks about how much peoples lives are affected by music.

What's your favorite movie? See you tomorrow! And watch the clip!

4 comments:

Allison said...

A girl just guest posted on my blog about that movie and that song.

It's in my Top 10 for sure, probably Top 5.

____j said...

shame on me :(

Mr O said...

shame on me as well. Maybe jme and I need to watch this together.

I've actually been told by numerous people that I need to see this movie. You might have just gotten me to add it to my Netflix.

Jeanette said...

@Allison: It's such a good movie.

@____J: Go watch it with Matt.

@Mr. O: See above post