Tuesday, June 15, 2010

(30) Days of Me: Day 21 [Yummy]

I don't cook much, ask anyone I know... the most complicated thing I've ever made is Macaroni and Cheese, normally I eat whatever is the fastest to make, and I can be eating in 3 minutes or less. I did somewhere along the way learn to make a mean cheesecake though. So here is your Day 21 recipe.

Chocolate Lovers Cheesepie

3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
3/4 cup of sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (12 oz. package) Hershey's mini chips semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 extra serving size packaged graham cracker crust 9 oz.
2 tablespoons whipping cream

Heat oven to 450 F

Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Stir in 1-2/3 cups small chocolate chips; pour into crust.

Bake 10 minutes, without opening oven door, reduce temperature to 250 F; continue baking 30 minutes or just until set. Remove from oven to wire rack. Cool completely. Cover; refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.

Place remaining 1/3 cup chocolate chips and whipping cream in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 20 to 30 seconds or just until chips are melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Cool slightly; spread over top of cheese-pie. Refrigerate 15 minutes or until topping is set. Cover; refrigerate leftover.

BOOM instant classic. I made it for everyone and shocked them all, then got continual requests for it.

4 comments:

Allison said...

Sounds delicious! I made a marble chocolate cheesecake a couple times and it was amazing. Mmm. Now I want cheesecake!

____j said...

I'm probably going to have to make this now. Thanks Jeanette :)

Jeanette said...

@Allison: I always want cheesecake, like everyday of my life!

@____j: haha DO IT! And then send me some ;)

Liz said...

Sounds delicious! I cannot cook either....