Friday, June 25, 2010

(30) Days of Me: Day 25 [The Day I Lost My Voice]

So I'm not sure how I feel about this whole week of topics, I don't think my life is exciting enough to go into great detail... luckily I had an eventful day today.

I woke up this morning and got ready, packed a weekend bag and headed home. I didn't even go all the way home and had to make a quick stop to meet an old basketball coach/friend of mine for lunch. It's always a good time when we get to catch up and she's so supportive, it's basically awesome. After lunch I went to the car wash and vacuumed my car and then headed back to my grandparents house... here's where it gets real exciting. I got out my travel tool kit and ripped apart my car and installed a new stereo in my car haha... typical Friday lol. Here's a picture of my car mid process.

What my car looks like with the dash removed

That whole project took about an hour and then I went with my mom to visit a family friend and then headed to Kalamazoo (there's literally nothing to do in Paw Paw but rip apart cars and install stereos haha). I came home because tomorrow (well technically today) we have a birthday party, a baby shower, and a graduation party to go to so we picked up presents for all of those events then went to see "Knight and Day" with my best friend Alison. If you've haven't been around for long Alison is my best friend from age 5, she's the kindest, most loyal friend anyone could ask for and it's great every. single. time we hang out.

Side note: Tom Cruise is cool in my book again, as long as he stays off couches.

After the movie I went to see my aunt and then looked around online for kittens/payed some bills. THE BEST thing I did today though was buy tickets for what will be my first big concert in California: PARAMORE/TEGAN & SARA/NEW FOUND GLORY!!!!! Anyone who knows anything about me will know that T&S and Paramore are 2 of my 3 favorite bands of all time, No Doubt being the other (who I saw last summer with Paramore). I'm already so excited and the concert isn't even until September haha.

Now I'm about to get some sleep before the string of parties tomorrow. Hope your days were great!! Can't believe it's already been 25 days of this thing, time flies when you're having fun.

6 comments:

Allison said...

That is quite the day. Also, people named Allison (or Alison or Alyson....) are generally good people :P

Mr O said...

pretty excited you got tickets to a Cali show. Where exactly is it?

And by the way, it's pretty ballin you messed with your own car stereo

Jeanette said...

@Allison: hahah I believe it!

@Mr. O: It's in Anaheim and... I'm often very ballin.

____j said...

Aaron and I went to see Knight & Day, and I really enjoyed it. Even though I'm not a big fan of Tom Cruise. Also, super jealous that a] you're moving to california and b] that you are going to that concert.

p.s. want to come put a new stereo in my car?!

Jeanette said...

@____j: Yeah it was alright. and I'm so excited! The concert is going to be boss. And sure... lol OR I could direct you on how to.

Krystal said...

you installed your OWN car stereo? you rock basically