Sunday, August 1, 2010

California

Had to go with this song for the blog post of course. GOOD NEWS I'm finally mostly settled in in Cali. Here's a quick recap of the trip.

Sunday: Left from Paw Paw at 5 after a short crying session with my mom, grandma, and Maria. Made it to Missouri, stopped at the hotel.
Monday: Made it into Oklahoma, our least famous state in America, had to pay two $10 tolls, AND my car broke down and cost me $900 to fix.
Tuesday: Waited for the car to get fixed then made it into New Mexico.
Wednesday: Drove all day and made it to my new house at 10:30 p.m. All of my awesome new roommates helped me unpack and Maria and I immediately passed out.

Now you're probably thinking "Jeanette, at that point you surely slowed down to take a break." and you would be incorrect. Thursday we unpacked some and drove around then went to dinner with Brent at an awesome restaurant called Stout. Although I have quickly realized my directional abilities are quite lacking haha. We stopped over to Josh's house and watched some live music. Friday, Maria and I went to the beach and I swear to God we weren't there for more than an hour but I got so burnt. We then explored some more, went to a three story Wal-Mart, so that was pretty awesome. After that we had some dinner and I dropped Maria off at the airport then headed back to my place to quick get ready to go meet some friends at a bar. After the bar I had my first In 'n Out Burger experience, it was delicious. Even though I was already super burnt I went to play whiffle ball in the park yesterday for a few hours. Good times were had by all, although my whiffle ball skills are not up to par, I'm much better at various other sports. Today is the first day I've had to just sit and relax, I'm trying to get caught up on this time change.

I need to start looking for some jobs so I can start paying off the extra charges I incurred on this trip. But even though I've been so swamped I definitely feel this is the right move. The roommates are awesome, my new friends are AMAZING to hang out with, I've had nothing but good times. I still get the weird feeling that I'm not being 100% myself yet, but I'm having a blast. I feel like once I get a job we'll be good and then I will start school and life will be good.

Also other big news coming soon... a little secret project between Mr. O and I, get pumped!

6 comments:

Krystal said...

jeanette!! how do you have all new friends already? i need some tips! :)

Allison said...

Secret Mr. O project - whoa! Can't wait.

Looks like you've already been to some places that you could use for my scavenger hunt ;P

Good luck with the adjustment - I'm crazy jealous of you.

Jeanette said...

@krystal: Some I knew from MSU, some from Paw Paw and some from Blogger! It's a small world!

@Allison: Yes! Hopefully it works. And I think I should be able to do the scavenger hunt. Thanks! You're free to visit anytime!

Mr O said...

*Man, I tried to text you about this song and you were like "I'm too cool for you, I'm in New Mexico" haha

*I love that you have already met awesome people. It feels like you didn't go to a new place, it feels like you returned to an old familiar one.

*I love in n out! I always get the strawberry shake because it is delicious.

*I also love California and the fact that you are in a place that when I come to visit my fam you will be RIGHT THERE!

*And I love projects :)

Brent said...

=)

Jeanette said...

@Mr. O:*haha yes, yes you did.
*haha yeah it's been really helpful.
*I'll have to go get that.
*COME VISIT NOW!
*and I concur.

@Brent: :P