Monday, February 17, 2014

Everything Is Awesome

FeBLOGuary Day 17: your favorite musician/band



This is funny because I just used their song yesterday, but, my favorite band will forever be Tegan and Sara, you know unless they did something crazy like go on a killing spree. 

I started listening to them when I was 11 and their music got me through all my major struggles during my formative years. I've seen them 19 times over the past 15 years and I hope to continue that streak. However, with their recent success of their last album and now being everywhere due to having the theme song of the Lego Movie, it's getting harder to go to their shows. I've got #20 lined up when they open for Katy Perry in September.

Their music was the soundtrack to every break up through middle school/high school/college and post college haha. I don't know how I would've made it through those without them. 

Since moving to LA I've met them both on a number of occasions. I got to go to their green room after they performed on Conan and they invited to the tour bus before a show to listen the new album. Also, being out and about in LA I see them around, the theatre, coffee shops, etc. 

i feel so happy that my 11 year old self was able to identify a bad that would stick around so long, and even happier that they have managed to do so. I think they're wonderful people that deserve all the success in the world. AND I love to get other people into them, like I did with Matthue, who is also doing this blog challenge. I can't wait to see what happens next for these lovely ladies. 

Obviously I have to use another one of their songs for today... I'll go with something off their newest hit, Everything is Awesome. Because everything about them is awesome. 


No comments: