Saturday, February 1, 2014

Change Your Life

FeBLOGuary Day 1: where are you now / where do you want to be in 5 years

I'm doing a challenge! Here it is! Check it out! And feel free to join. 




I guess I should start by saying WOW, it sure has been a while, eh? I’m not even sure why I stopped blogging, but recently I realized that I missed having an outlet. I missed being able to say all those thoughts that bottle up inside throughout the day. SO I convinced my punk rock prince (Mr. O) to do this blogging challenge with me, mostly to hold me accountable, but also because i just love reading what he has to say, hit the link to go check it out. 

SO Day 1: where am I now / where do I want to be in 5 years. 

Let’s begin with the easiest part. Where am I now. Well, I just passed my 26th birthday and my 3.5 year anniversary of being in LA. It’s been a crazy, ridiculous, fantastic ride. I can’t even explain how much I love the people in my life and this city… this city has won my heart, there are days I'm driving around and can't even believe that I get to live here and be a part of it all. 

I guess at my age ‘where we are’ is mostly dictated by our job, so in that respect, and don’t worry, I do feel ridiculous saying it, but I work in ‘the industry’ casting movies and shows and things. It’s fantastic and best of all I’m good at it. It’s hard work, but I love to help create something that people will (hopefully) love. Growing up and having a not-so-great childhood, movies and tv were my escape. And if something that I helped to  create can do the same for even one person than that is good enough for me. 

As for where I’d like to be in 5 years… hopefully in LA still or NY and hopefully still working in casting, but at an even higher level. I’d like to also have at least sold a script by then, but baby steps. I also really want to learn another language, but I’ve been saying that for the last 5 years so we’ll see how that goes. 

And in sticking with the theme of this blog I'm going to continue posting a song per post. Today's post comes from non other than my girl Iggy Azalea the song is called 'Change Your Life' CHECK IT OUT If you don't know about Iggy you totally should, she's awesome and if in 5 years I can be half as bad ass as her then that's a start.

Alright, don’t hesitate to ask questions, and if you’re new here, follow me and I’ll follow back, I need to kick start this blogging right!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ah, I must say it was this question/topic that deterred me from participating in this challenge. Mainly because I knew my answer was going to be much sadder than yours and Matt's. So, so sad.

What am amazing few year's you've had though - wow. You should be so proud of this - to pick up your life and start fresh, it's awesome.

I will definitely be following along and commenting when I can :)