Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Go Your Own Way

FeBLOGuary Day 4: your proudest moment

This post is going to make me sound like a crazy person... because I would have to say that my proudest moment was getting into Grad School at USC. Why am I crazy for saying that you ask... because I got all the way from Michigan to California and then decided not to go. 

However, the day I got that acceptance letter, I had no idea what future Jeanette was going to do. I was just so elated that all my hard work and all the hours spent studying ridiculous equations in the computer lab had paid off. I was going to move across the country and start a whole new life (little did I know how new). 

Whenever I used to watch movies where a kid nervously opened their decision letter I never could relate, until then. I had gotten into a few other schools but none on the level of USC, I thought for sure I wouldn't get it. So when I finally got the letter (of course after all the others) I ran down the stairs tearing the envelope to shreds along the way and then collapsing on my bed in a fit of joy after reading that I got accepted. I then spent days pouring over the welcome packet. 

I then proceeded to decide that both USC and Engineering were not for me, but you've already heard about all that ;)

For today's song I think I'll use a classic Fleetwood Mac's 'Go Your Own Way' 

What was your most awesomely proud moment? 

1 comment:

mattokarmus said...

good song choice and great story.

(SERIOUS COMMENT TIME) I'm glad you can look back and still be proud of that. It really is an accomplishment.