Thursday, February 20, 2014

If I Die Young

FeBLOGuary day 20: 5 items on your bucket list

This is a weird one for me because I'm the type of person, if I want to do something, I'll make sure I do it, so I don't really keep a 'bucket list' of things I want to do. I'll see what I can come up with.

1) TRAVEL MORE: I've been extremely fortunate to travel a lot in my time on this space rock, but there are some places I want to go that I haven't. Namely Africa, Ireland, Australia and China. Those need to happen soon. I suppose I should also hit South America at some point. 

2) SCUBA CERTIFICATION: I want to retire somewhere tropical and live on the beach spending my days underwater with the fish. It's so peaceful and beautiful.

3) BUY A HOUSE: But not for me, I mean I'd like to buy myself one too, but I want to get to the point I can buy my mom one. That's when I know I've made it.

4) GO ON A TOUR: I want to like befriend or date a musician (I say this because I have very little musical talent) and go on a nationwide tour, sleep on the bus, have like 4 outfits, the whole 9 yards. 

5) CREATE SOMETHING PEOPLE LOVE: Whether it be writing something or directing. I just want to create something that MEANS something to people. Something that saves someone life, hell, even if it just brightens their day. That's what I want to leave the world with to remember me by. 

I guess that wasn't all that hard after all. Uh oh y'all, my country side is coming out If I Die Young

What's on your bucket list? I need ideas to add to mine!

2 comments:

Allison said...

I'm kind of with you about bucket lists - I used to have one of those 101 before 1001 lists but abandoned it. I don't think they're helpful because I don't think you're less of a person just because you failed to cross off a few things on a list before a certain time.

I'm turning 30 soon and I thought maybe there are some things I SHOULD do before then (like stay up really late, do shots, etc) but then I realized that I can do whatever the fuck I want at whatever age I want. So no more lists for me!

mattokarmus said...

I don't know, I still think lists are good in a sense of goals. If you saw mine, they aren't necessarily things I can just go out and do, considering financial factors.

Though with that said, it won't be anything that I would be regretting on my deathbed.